Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which character(s) have you been playing?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Jude, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Which character(s) have you been playing?

Which characters has everyone been playing lately (the last week or two?). Just curious. :)

I've been playing Amazons, self-found, no-muling/no ext. stash, single-player:

Jackiehood, Bowazon (Frozen Arrow, Magic Arrow, Strafe, Valkyrie), level 41, Nightmare Act I, with Defiance merc

JacJabba, Melee Amazon, currently using Charged Strike, (plan to use Lightning Strike, Fend, Decoy), level 19, Normal Act II, with Fire Rogue merc (plan to use Cold Iron Wolf merc)

Jude

2. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Being playing fishy necro, then damn CoS destroyed him, so i'm going to restart another fishy necro with the same name as in Archimonde Resurrected.

Pure amazon lover! Why not try other characters as well?

3. Ana

Ana IncGamers Member

Warrior and a Rogue...

Oh no... sorry wrong game :wink:

(sorry Jude, just couldn't resist)

4. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Huh? I don't get it, Ana, except those are Diablo I characters. What couldn't you resist?

@Suling: I do. I have nearly 40 new characters created since the end of January--all types, and probably about a hundred since I started playing years ago.

5. Ana

Ana IncGamers Member

Haha, no, they're WoW chars... *snickers*

6. Suiling

Suiling Banned

@Jude: A Hundred!!!!! Wow!!!!! *Pwned by Jude* Hehe..

@Ana: You play WoW as well?

7. Ana

Ana IncGamers Member

Oh yes, and I'm loving every minute of it!

8. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

@Suling: I just counted and the total number of all of my characters I ever made in Diablo II is 124, with a good variety of characters and builds. Of course, a lot of these characters are not of a very high level, at least, yet!

Jude

9. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

latly iv bin playing my wofbarb and last night i finaly got him high enough to use wolfhowl helm (yay). just need to get him to act 5 for the socket quest to make an arcion(spell) durress or lionheart (cant decide yet)
    also im working on several other projects including a cheesydin(read hammerdin) and a trap assasin which im probly gona rebuild with a different skill set up, (cloak of shadows instead of shadow master and maxed out fire blast for immunes)

10. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

This week I've been playing my necromancer, an amazon and a sorceress.

The sorc has since been deleted and will need a rebuild, the amazon has only just moved out of Act 1 and isn't much to speak about yet, the necromancer has hit something of a wall in Act 2 Hell.

Wondering whether or not to delete the necromancer and rebuild him as a bonemancer instead. This question was inspired in part by a trombonist joining the forums yesterday and so seemed apt. However it'd probably be easier for me than the current fishymancer.

11. AJK

AJK IncGamers Member

Recently played:
    - FA/lightning javazon. Scarily efficient at dispatching evil.
    She's now in Hell, act II, on a sand finding mission...
    - Tomb reaver whirler barb. MP'ing with my sister. I gave her my cheezerdin because I found him rather unfun to play with. After I MP'd her through act III, she played on and beat Hell ancients by herself, without a merc (!). I'm so proud :cry:.
    - Gold finder barb. For when puny 4k gold drops don't cut it anymore. *cough* see sig *cough*

12. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Why do you need to delete your characters? Can't you just start a new with the desired build rather than "rebuild" an old one? You might find that you miss the old ones!

Jude

13. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

The sorceress was being played softcore, with a view to taking her through the game as a bow wielding enchantress. Then my amazon found a Ravenclaw while entering the NM outer cloister. Only the 1.11b version, so less powerful exploding arrows, but still I wondered how she'd fare in low level dueling, especially with that fire damage hopefully enhanced by the enchant skill.

But the requirements of the bow were much lower than the one she was using, so those skill points should really go into vitality instead for a bit more life if she's going to duel. She was only about level 16 anyway, so it's no major loss and shouldn't take long to get her back up to 18.

The necromancer, well I've now finished the Arcane Sanctuary (that and the Maggot Lair were two of my main worries about Hell), and am trying to make headway on Tal Rasha's tomb. Made it to the true one twice, and both times been unable to make much progress into it and switched to another character. I'll probably keep playing him I guess to see how far he goes now. But he's HC and I'm still fairly convinced that if he dies a bonemancer would suit me better for my next attempt.

14. mwints

mwints IncGamers Member

Let's see. Only 2 characters this week.

1. My MP Fishymancer. He's level 78 in Act II hell. Trying to get him through hell for some WSK runs.

2. My SP Windy Druid. He's the last class I have to beat the game with by myself to have all 7 classes accounted for in 1.11 Vanilla self-found. Tried a Fury Druid and got him to 67 but just couldn't get motivated to take him through hell. So, put him on the shelf and tried a windy. I'm enjoying him. He's level 52 in Act II Nightmare.

15. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

@sitro iv played round with the enchatress idea for lld and when i made mine the damage at that lvl just isnt high enought to make it viable, even with a +3skill prebuff on enchant and a fuly pumped (for this lvl) you can still only get about 30ish damage out of her which after res is not enought to realy be vaible pvp sorry

16. baawjii

baawjii IncGamers Member

1. Zealot: My very first char. Made him for like 3-4 years ago. And i've lost him :cry:

2. ConcBarb: My first char i'm proud of. Got alot of good gear on him, and still got him :D

3. Bowazon: I love amazon. They are very fun to play. <3<3

4. MFsorc(blizz): Nothing much to say.. Besides i play with her alot with pindel :D

17. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Myshella - Now lvl 76 Assassin, just starting hell. Warrior Monk build, which is great on bosses but has little crowd control at the moment. Hoping Deathe sentry will help me out there. She's now parked until I can up her boots (Gore Riders)

Zarozinia - Now lvl 78 Fishyzon. Act 2 Hell. She kills eveything very nicely.

The_Understudy - lvl 20 Poisonmancer. Will eventually be full Trangs. Currently in A2 normal.

18. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

I'm working on a new tri-elementalist which is currently at lvl 30. It's actually a remake of my third matriarch which was a max block sorc. The main spells were FW/L/CL/FO. I realized that when you use L/CL, you really need to hit the 117% fcr bp or it just gets frustrating. This time I'm planning on using Spirit and other items to get my charcter to that bp. I may enter this character in the quest for lvl 99 once it reaches lvl 90 but right now I'm having a blast!

19. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

Started playing with my bone necro also my summon druid.

These characters are questing at the momment

I have been using my LF amazon for pindle running/baal running

Not been playing too many others really

20. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

You know Jude i stopped counting some time back at patch 1.00 so i have no idea:wink3: how many chars i have made over the years.

But as for what chars i play now since the restart well that is easy its Amber(meteororb sorc) and Rose(lit zon) since i need to gain back my equipment.

counting what i need for my projects i will have a minimum of 6 sc chars(that i will play) and 4 of them will be full time mf chars. Due to the nature of one of the projects i cant even guess how many hc chars i will go through.