Which character goes with Angelic Raiment?

AceOfSevens

Diabloii.Net Member
Which character goes with Angelic Raiment?

I'm trying to build a character themed around each set (or each one I have, anyway) and am trying to decide which direction to go with each one. Don't bother telling me these sets aren't very good. I'm aware of this. Which character class would be best for Angelic Raiment? If you have any suggestions about other sets, please shout them out.

adecoy

Diabloii.Net Member
well the sig set i know is a good barbarian set, or maby pally...

the angelic im not shure about, with the angelic to use the whole set you have to use the angelic weapon, which is not so good a weapon... maby a sorc could get away with it, what level are you trying to get them to hell or mid or what?

AceOfSevens

Diabloii.Net Member
They should be able to solo normal, which isn't a tall order as I once did that with an amazon wearing Infernal Tools on hardcore. Making it through nightmare would be nice. If the set includes a wapon, I'd like them to make use of it in some way, otherwise, I could just use a fishymancer for everything.

WebDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
AceOfSevens said:
I'm trying to build a character themed around each set (or each one I have, anyway) and am trying to decide which direction to go with each one. Don't bother telling me these sets aren't very good. I'm aware of this. Which character class would be best for Angelic Raiment? If you have any suggestions about other sets, please shout them out.
If you want to character to actually use the set, then I'd look at melee characters. Since this seems to be theme-based, I'd play around with the huge damage to undead the set gives. (comparatively, I know)

I'd make a Sacrifice paladin that uses the Sanctuary aura.

20 Sacrifice
20 Redemption (synergy)
20 Sanctuary
20 Cleansing (synergy)

I think it would be interesting. Sure you won't be able to kill everything (actually, hardly anything) but you'll be the bane of undead in normal/nightmare. :thumbsup:

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
i agree with frosty, angela is more of a ladys name, but the mods for angelic are geared more tward the paladin side

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
It has a one-handed melee weapon. That excludes necros, sorcs, amazons, and druids (generally).
I'll go with a dual-wielding double attack barb.

Tim B

Diabloii.Net Member
given the ar bonus from the ring amu combu i'd say melee. given the crap dmg from the weapon then its gona be a frost/shock zealer.

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
If you think using something else than angelic sword it would be a melee char, but if not, then, i don't know

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
A barb or paladin might survive in normal act 1 and 2, but then the crappy damage of the weapon becomes a problem.

Later in the game it probably has to be a character who doesn't have to rely on the silly weapon, i.e. a caster :rolleyes: I guess a necromancer won't suffer too much from that low-level set. Perhaps there is also a build with lots of CB, but it will be tough to deal the last tiny bit of damage to deal the killing blow.

The amulet and the ring (two rings, to be precise) on their own are very useful, however, because of their massive ar bonus. These are probably the only reason why anybody could have a chance to be effective when wearing the set. I guess an IK barb with an Angelic ammy and two rings can solo through all of the game, although he can probably do that as well with no rings and no ammy at all :laugh:

BabyLink

Diabloii.Net Member
I see that in the vote, druids, sin and zons are not popular. Druids maybe could be a nice class for what you just said, krischan. Druids have nice caster spells and they can melee with nice dmg

Xenon[XoA]

Banned
Sorcis. They are the master race after all. Everything was designed with them in mind, but too many ppl whined and moaned, so they had to make some of them other-class specific.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
I agree with what's said earlier. The weapon is too low-dmg to be any damaging, however it is fast, and the rest of the set gives heaps of ar. Frostzealot or Tesladin ftw!