Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which build?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by GMonz, Jul 31, 2010.

1. GMonz

GMonz IncGamers Member

Which build?

I recently changed my pure Blizz sorc to a Blizzballer and realized that the lack of fighting power has significantly affected my fighting power.

Currently my sorc is wearing Full Tals + 2 nagels + Chance guards + War Travs.

I was wondering if there was a sorc that is capable of doing Andy runs, Meph runs, Countess runs and Nithlathak runs that works under a single tree. I think that there are certain weapons for a merc that can help me lower resists...but I'm not sure.

Also I'd like to keep my current equipment or if I was to change to do it at little cost since I have very little funds to work with.

2. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Re: Which build?

:welcome: to the forums,

You need more FCR, you've sacrificed "fighting power" for mf imo.
    Full Tals = 50 Fcr, assuming 35 Spirit (you didn't mention your shield), that puts you on 85 FCR at best, and the breakpoint is 105.

Add some combination of FCR rings, Magefist gloves (or TO's but on a sorc it kinda has be be magefists) and spirit shield / Lidless.

Code:
    Faster Cast Rate
    FCR % 	FPC
    0	13
    9	12
    20	11
    37	10
    63	9
    105	8
    200	7

There's nothing really "wrong" with any of the main builds, meteorb / orbitaller / CLFO will all suffice. I know you said you wanted 1 element, but for multiple target running I'd definately go dual element with at least 105 FCR (117 fcr If you're using CL or Lightning, as these have different fcr breakpoints). There are several guides in the stickies that will point you in the right direction.

As for merc item to lower resists, it's an Infinity Runeword that gives conviction aura, and it's far far far from cheap.

Infinity
    4 Socket Polearms
    Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist
    50% Chance To Cast Level 20 Chain Lightning When You Kill An Enemy
    Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
    +35% Faster Run/Walk
    +255-325% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    -(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
    40% Chance of Crushing Blow
    Prevent Monster Heal
    0.5-49.5 To Vitality (Based on Character Level)
    30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30 Charges)

I'm not saying it can't be done, but running Nilly on a sorc can get messy.

3. GMonz

GMonz IncGamers Member

Okay great! Thanks for the input. That runeword is probably not gonna happen for a while...my merc isn't that lucky. He's just gonna have to be happy with Insight.

4. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

Hammerdin is cheaper for mf imo. You can get killing speed and mf with hdin but sorc sacrafices a lot of damage.

5. Shanksie1337

How is Jah+Ber cheaper for mf than free teleport? :)

besides, sometimes it helps to read what has been written before randomly spouting crud

no matter what pill u may have popped, that can't be interpreted as "spend Jah+Ber and reroll hdin"

6. rubyrod

rubyrod IncGamers Member

no no no no no no no no you can't.

some places hammers just don't work.

like the mausoleum, pit runs take longer with hammers as well.
    ancient tunnels, any tight space really.

really depends on what you want to run, if you want something like diablo, even then i'm not sure is a hdin is the better. early on sure, but once you break away from the poor house a hdin can't hold a candle to a sorc in killing power.

7. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Yeah gloves->magefist is the only thing you really need to change, assuming you have a 35FCR Spirit already

20FCR will up you to the BP, and +1 fire skills will give a bonus to your FB skill directly and through FM

8. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Rubyrod (looks for Chris Tucker screaming like a girl) is right on the money there. Hammers are powerful, even with the nerfing of 1.13, but the spin does create issues.

A pure lite sorc 200fcr with infinity merc is my personal preference, but its expensive. Much lower on the totem pole is a meteororb which I've also used extensively and is a fraction of the cost.

As for running Nil, I never liked using sorcs, as between the bugged poison vipers, exploding corpses, and my sorcs focused on mf/damage (ie not maxblock), its a bit rough. If you're going key runner, an hdin or trapper is a lot safer.

9. Shanksie1337

or a barb - i use an IK barb with a few Sol runes scattered about the place, cheap as chips :).