Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

which build for pvp ?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by moonlike, Nov 7, 2006.

1. moonlike

moonlike Banned

which build for pvp ?

1)assa with trap skillers and chaos claws (to defensive ww away and vs es sorcs to bleed them with ow )+ fools claws vs high def palas and barbs(1point into venom and mastery) fools claws umed can be used whole time imo

2)trap/ww hybrid - maxed venom and rest into traps (happyassasin build or close to that - i dont like 7k dmg in it because if opponent wears tg ur traps are almost usless (only good as a back up not as a main source of dmg)

3)pure ghost -maxed venom,claw mastery, only 1 point in traps to use them for stun(weak build vs hammers,barbs imo)

i would like to make a wwing traper(1st on list) but im not sure thats best and most versatile assa , so i ask if somebody can confirm or tell which build is best for pvp .

ps. tbh i think about build which has 10k-11k trap dmg and decent venom(maxed or dunno its worth to give there points if i wont use shadow sks)
    with 11k traps tg just soften dmg but its still good and venom /ow would be also decent - im not sure that its possible to get such good stats ....
    if yes what would be skill placement ?

2. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

I vote for trap/ww hybrid. I like happyassasin build. I think trap/ww are better in all vs all.

Myself I play simple Bramble sin. I like it, coz it does the best psn/ow dmg from all assa types, have good survivability. Also lvl21 thorns helps vs melee.

3. kavehtabriaz

kavehtabriaz IncGamers Member

I dont think thron helps unless u hit the shadow

4. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

Bramble has a lot going for it beyonds the thorns. FHR and +%psn dmg to name a two.

5. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

My vote goes for Ghost.

I have not played the first build, but I played the second for a while and now am back playing a ghost...

Although they are weaker (well... than a trap hybrid) against hammerdins (although maxed mindblast and the higher attack rating than the hybrid wins most of these duels) and Barbs, I prefer them over the hybrids as I simply do not like not maxing Mind Blast and Claw Mastery, plus the greater gear flexibilty is nice.

Both trap/ww and ghost sins are very viable, and both have their own strengths and weaknesses. I would rate them approximately equally, and it simply comes down to your personal tastes. Mind you, it could be that I didn't like trap/ww hyrbids as much because I came straight from playing a ghost and played her too aggressively.

Laz

6. moonlike

moonlike Banned

no more comments ... ?

7. order

order IncGamers Member

in some effect. a ghost might be a nicer build. i find pure wwsins fair better against sorb hammer and barbs in most cases. there is quite a bit of variability in this sin too. with high ar and decent fcr bps i think it could have some potential in areas that even a ls/ ww hybrid cant easily compete.

8. moonlike

moonlike Banned

my build will be different i want use 12k or close traps and chaos+good fools claw all time(fools with ls skill and um for ow in fast claw)
    so if somebody puts tgod (which is gm abs and most ppl do it vs traper nowadays) my trap dmg still will be good and if they go close to me i will ww away hopefully hiting them with ow + some venom dmg, ow +venom is also very helpfull vs high es sorc where traps dont make so much dmg

ps. fools claw means i will have np with ar to hit them even without stating points into claw mastery

9. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Fools claw on a pure trapper will maybe hit 10k AR (because of the low claw block multiplier)? This is still not enough for taking on high defence opponents, and these high defence opponents are usually the ones that can easily absorb your trap damage to 0 (Hammerdins, Smiters, to a lesser extent BvA, but you dont have much chance against an absorbing BvA/BvC anyway...)

My Ghost runs 15k Ar in regular gear and can swap to ravens for 22k.

Laz

10. moonlike

moonlike Banned

claw block adds ar ?
    didnt knew that but i will add enough points in it to get optimal block rate so np
    those absorbing hammers will also rape normal hybrid imo :( but still they will need to charge to get from fhr lock and then they have no def and low block

i will duel usually priv so tg is max which opponents are allowed to use.

11. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

10k Traps = plenty

It only requires decent claws to do so ( you could even get away with pure +3 ls runics)

12. moonlike

moonlike Banned

i have 3ls chaos atm need only decent fools(trade is in progres ^^)

its hard for me to belive u have 10k without any trap skillers
    (i have 11.5k atm with 9 trap skillers!)
    as it will be my first hybrid i will test on it which trap/venom dmg is best (i think it will be alot of chars before i get best numbers XD)
    i just wanted to ask more experienced players whats their opinion (i had pure ghost 1 lvl trap and i disappointed on venom dmg so i want test more trap dmg +good ow)

ahh my dream fools claw would be :
    runic talons
    200ed :)
    2assa skill
    3ls
    fools mode
    ethereal self repair
    2soc(ums in it)
    (not sure they can spawn tho XD)

btw i found 10k to low on my old storm shield traper vs barbs and hammers- when they use tg killing them takes to much time and its big chance they will kill u first before they will run out of life

13. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

I never said I didnt have trap skiller, I do.

7 of em. 2 = high life shadows.

14. moonlike

moonlike Banned

haha so u have very close build to mine

btw how u get max dr without stormshield ?

15. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

Coa Berber
    lvl 18 Fade
    Nigma

:)

16. moonlike

moonlike Banned

coa with 2xber o0 hmm u put some str ?
    (i think about buying coa and put-15req/7fhr jewel +ber)

17. Rabbitz

Rabbitz IncGamers Member

I slightly overstatted myself, + I use a rare 1xxar/14 ( or 15 str) / 10ish dex/ mana ring.