Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which build fits Tal Rasha's Set best?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by (Ø=M)^42, Mar 8, 2004.

1. (Ø=M)^42

(Ø=M)^42 IncGamers Member

Which build fits Tal Rasha's Set best?

Lets pretend I have the whole set, and all variables are perfect. Which build fits the items best? ONLY PvM. I was thinking Chain Lightning + Frozen Orb or Hydra. What do you think?

2. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Rasha's set is not for a particular build, but good for a general character. It doesn't give bonusses to a specific area.

For the lightning part I just wouldn't reccomend it because Rasha's set lacks the FCR needed to be a speed killing freak. It's decent alright, but not that overwhelming. 63% FCR is possible, but for the 105% FCR breakpoint you're actually stuck to a Lidless Wall and 2 rings with 10% FCR property.

3. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Tals set is not good for CL/FO mainly because it takes up 5 item slots and only gives +6 skills. If that's all you have then it's decent but there is better out there.

4. (Ø=M)^42

Hmm.... How 'bout Hydra (I know it's not the fastest killer around, but it's fun and safe) and Frozen Orb? They're both timered spells, so FCR doesn't matter that much. What do you think?

5. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Meteorb would be decent but the best would be pure cold tree, IMO

6. (Ø=M)^42

Pure Cold is nice, yes, but I think I wrote ONLY PvM, and in my opinion, a single-tree-Sorceress is not viable. I appreciate your reply, but do you have any ideas for a dualtree except Meteor+Orb?

7. Stormcryer

Stormcryer IncGamers Member

My tre-elenetlaist is using full Tal Set. Modified with sockets and rune/gems and I find it great. The build ie CL/Blizz/Meteor

8. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

Tal rasha set is definitively not as good as the super-goldy equipment that people mention in the guides for the same items that Tal rasha Set uses and give them +11 skills. However, it is not as bad as people make it seem: besides the +6 skills, you get + 2 fire, + 2 cold and +1 lighting masteries. So for a meterob like my lvl 80, I get +8 to the fire and cold masteries. In addition,
    you get:

-15% To Enemy Fire Resistance
    -15% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
    +15% To Cold Skills Damage

The effect amounts to a bit over +2 points in cold/fire mastery. Really not bad at all.

9. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

ust build an Met//Orb sorc and you could do worse.

10. raiderjb

raiderjb IncGamers Member

Hey

For full Tals set PVM go meteorb or an ES variant its the best compromise.

My favourite PVM sorc however is still one of the first i built, shes level ** and can go anywhere and pretty much do anything, and is cheapish on items. Maybe a bit old school but still she rocks trust me

Items

Viper or Que Hagen
    Shako
    Lidless
    Occy
    Silkweaves
    Frosties
    Glooms
    Maras or 2sk rare or crafted ammy
    2 x SOJ

Skills

Max orb Nova Thunder Storm 15 in cold and light masteries, 1 in all prereqs, warmth ES and Shiver Armour.

TS enhances and compliments Nova and gives you virtually a free ES. You have enough + skills, mana and cast rate to use nova anywhere to good effect and TS still takes a lot of PVP wallers by surprise cuz no one builds em.

Upgrades I have completed.

Arac Mesh (Still not Convinced better than Glooms)
    5 Cold Skillers (2 with life)
    Um in all except shako
    5//5 cold rainbow in shako
    15 res jewel in occy
    Anny

With upgrades she has perfect resists and is a mint go any where sorc. BTW keep a pair of WTs and chancies in stash and shes not too shoddy at MF as well. In fact she seams to find better than My 3 Tal item 550% Mf Fire Cold sorc.

Just food for thought

Good Luck

11. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

IMO, a cold sorc with static and a merc is tri-tree.

12. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

Actually the -fire/light resist and +cold dmg is a lot more than 2 points in masteries. -x% resist is way more than x% dmg boost because it works well over x% for resistant mosters, and +cold dmg% works on the negative resist monsters with CM gives. I would say on average it's at least 50% increase in final damage dealt to monsters.

13. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

What shoudl not be dismissed on the Tal's Set aswell is the +150 Life and the MASSIVE Resists you get from that set. With the addition of some Res/MF Boots and a Pdiamond Shield + a cheap Annihilus you can easily reach max-resists with massive life bonus and max-block (with proper shield)

This makes a Sorceress with Tal's Set very sturdy and hard to kill.
    She certainly lacks in +skills but you can still get +9 with Lidless/Visceratuant (blocking) 1 SOJ, 1 Anni, which is quite good.

I played a Meteorb Sorc with full Tal's set form lvl80-90 and that worked just fine.

the -xx% Res and +xx% damage ist not to be dismissed. also not to forget that you get some nice free MF with this Set. So the bonusses worth Mentioning of Tal's Set are:

- possible max resists
    - adding alot of life
    - nice MF bonus
    - decent Faster cast (need to add a bt to reach 63% breakpoint, wich is really important!)
    - -xx%resist and +xx% cold damage. Add facets to available slots and a Ptopaz in the armor and you are happy ;)

would make -20% Lightning, fire Resistances which is GREAT!

14. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

since we are on the subject of sets and bonus.

I always assumed but was not 100% certain say you got the +2 skills from the amulet does that mean if you get the additional bonus from the full set of +3 skills does that make you have +5 skill attribute or does the full set bonus just excludes each item original attributes?

15. melianor

+1 Tal's Orb
    +2 Tal's Amu
    +3 Full Set Bonus
    --------------------
    +6 Skills Total

:teeth:

16. Kyo

Kyo IncGamers Member

hehe ok i miscounted (mr smarypants) but you got the geist of what i was saying :lol:

17. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

There are three types of mods to set items:

The individual mod, which is the mods on the item itself (without wearing other set items), or the blue mods
    The individual set bonus, which is the extra mods on each item when wearing other items of the same set), or the green mods
    The partial/complete set bonus, which is the extra mods for the whole set (partial set bonus for imcompleted sets, and complete set bonus for, well, completed sets), or the gold mods.

Some set items do not have the individual set bonus (eg sigon's shield). Sometimes you can wear the two same set items, and along with another set item you can get the individual set bosus twice (eg. angelic ammy + 2 angelic rings, cathan's ammy + 2 cathan's rings).

18. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

tal set truly allows for one to tank decently as a mage. it does have enough mf, and if one desires, you can put an Ist in the weapon and a ptopaz in the helm for a formidable amount of mf. I would get two tal lidless eye's so I could either go defensive shield or go 20% fcr lidless wall for teleporting about.

set is great, dont underestimate it.
    it even has -15 magic damage, i always thought that if one were rich and random, you could add a Mal to it for -22, use a stormshield, put another mal in that and in helm, get -36 magic damage, which might do something neat with gloams and max resists. definitely would nullify LE.

19. melianor

But that only counts if you wear the whole Set. Truly the whole set is very nice and powerful too since it gives alot +Life, +Resists, +MF, +FCR and -xx% res and +xx% damage. So yes the full Set is great.

Poster was only asking for choice of armors though ;)

20. Selayna

Selayna IncGamers Member

It also works nicely as a partial set. Using the armor ( mf and res), amulet ( skills, etc), and belt( mf a few stats, etc) gives some nice stuff... +20 fcr, +180%mf... solid res, etc.
    Tals is good nd has several pieces that are all excellent ( and evne better in combination). still, replacign the head and orb with HOto and shako has it's advantages :>