Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which Bow? 6-soc Hydra or Crusader for BOTD?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by hejhej, Mar 9, 2004.

1. hejhej

hejhej IncGamers Member

Which Bow? 6-soc Hydra or Crusader for BOTD?

Or are they just waste of runes ??

Feedback please

// Mith

2. Broncobiv2

Broncobiv2 IncGamers Member

Some people think puttng BotD in a bow is a waste since they can't be ethereal. But if you do make one, it's going to be an awesome bow. If you decide to, put it in a crusader bow. It has the same average damage as a hydra with a lot lower strength requirement, so you can save those points for dex.

3. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

yah just to echo the response.. i hear crusader is better.. i dont know why. the lower reqs makes a lot of sense to me if thats why.

also... i think that its kind of waste from a damage standpoint. There is no consensus that botd > WF in fact its quite the contrary WF> BOTD.

so.. i personlly would not do it... i think if you are gonna spend the runes then you gotta get a damn godly weapon and not one thats on par witha uniq weapon (ie: WF)

but i might be wrong... i dont know.. research it more...

thnx
    stef

4. evild2player

evild2player IncGamers Member

yea theyre right
    1.10 screwed zons cause of the increase of hp of monsters and nerfing of pierce so now there is only 1 bow good enough to survive through hell, wf
    botd in a bow is a big waste but if only mat bow can get 6 soc it would be great to reach 7fps

5. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

botd, great bow in hell prevent monster heal, duel leech good dmg and 60%ias!! awesome. make it in crusader lower req.s & much higher minimum damage.

peace.

6. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

I've played amazons through all of hell difficulty without ever laying eyes on a WF. One of these was even solo in 5-8 player games in the beta patch, using an upgraded WWS. Obviously, you can still do well with bows that are worse than WF, and BOTD is very similar to WF in damage output.

I would actually prefer a BOTD bow to a Windforce, for one main purpose- the prevent monster heal that it offers. One of the problems bowazons have in 8-player hell games is that, since their damage is spread between so many monsters, the monster regeneration pretty much negates the damage that they do. If you have something on to prevent monster heal, it will speed up your killing speed immensely in multiplayer games. This far outperforms the slight increase in damage that a WF offers.

I still maintain that BOTD would benefit more if put in a melee weapon that can be ethereal, but a BOTD bow is a very nice weapon as well. As for what type of bow to use, a Crusader bow is better, simply because of the lower requirements for the same damage.

7. BT-LightDash

BT-LightDash IncGamers Member

if u are using it for pvm,go for it
    pvp?it's a waste of runes