Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which better BOTD Hydra Bow or WF

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by AlexWan, Apr 7, 2005.

1. AlexWan

AlexWan IncGamers Member

Which better BOTD Hydra Bow or WF

Which is better? BOTD HYDRA BOW OR WF? lmao i went to rpgforums.com and tried to get in LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Making BotD in a hydra bow is a rather stupid idea because its better if you make it in a crusader bow - lower reqs, same speed, same average damage, weapon is easier to obtain.

BotD might be better than WF (less damage, but faster, massive dual leech giving you more freedom regarding other equipment), but IMO it's not worth to spend zod+vex for a weapon which is only slightly better than one that costs Um-Mal.

If you need a good bow, make a Faith GMB.

3. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Although I haven't used both bows, from the stats, I'd say a BOTD Hydra bow would be better than a Windforce.

BOTD of course will be much more expensive, and "Faith" is a much hotter bow right now.

4. Skinnayman

Skinnayman IncGamers Member

The BOTD would be higher damage but in my opinion and many others as ive seen BOTDS are kinda a waist if the weapon used isnt ethereal.

5. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

actually the wf will give more damage...i use most bows include botd(crusaders and hydras)...i do prefer a crusader over the hydra because it has a much lower strength req...with those saved points you can boost dex...every dex point=1% ed...i believe a hydra reqs 37 more strength to equip...there is not really a "right" answer to your question...i can build a zon where one of the other is the "best" bow...so it depends on your build and available equipment...also the runs you are doing with your zon

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

so 300 is greater than 500 right ?

7. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

The general rule is that BotD bows are better for PvM, and WFs are better for PvP. That's what I've seen most of the time.

8. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

Like several others have commented on, I find placing BotD into a bow is kind of a waste of the Zod.

9. lonnie913

lonnie913 IncGamers Member

as a side note: botd hydra bow is HORRIBLE. crusader bow has same speed, same average dmg, and MUCH LOWER STR REQUIREMENT. (37 str points lower in fact)

the rule is: never use a hydra bow unless it also says "windforce" on it. :lol:

10. AlexWan

AlexWan IncGamers Member

WF or BOTD

my friends letting me choose any so im just wondering.... So the crusader bow is the EXACT same as the hydra bow? or just close. my friend is also giving me a faith gmb but i havta wait. and can someone tell me wat so good about faith? i know about the lvl 15 fanat alredy but is there anything else thats good? THANKS

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

A crusader bow has exactly the same average damage and exactly the same speed. It has lower reqs and is easier to obtain. Minimum and maximum damage are closer together which is an advantage because the less randomness, the better for the player character.

Of course, if you have to choose between a BotD bow and a Windforce, take BotD.

Faith gives you a fanaticism aura which adds a lot to speed (and to damage as well). Ignoring target defense makes passive skills like pierce much more effective, although it doesn't work on bosses, and it saves you a lot of dex because you hit regular monsters most of the time anyway and versus bosses you simply shoot 1 point GAs (which always hit anyway) or no-mana magic arrows. Not to forget, that bow has lots of %ed. Its chance to reanimate dead monsters creates a steady streeam of pseudo-minions which help distracting enemies.

12. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

Personally I like larger ranges with higher max damage. Especially in PvP. When you have critical strike you can get killer rolls for damage. Sometimes getting that extra bit of damage can be all it takes to win the duel. True, sometimes it can be less also, but hey the averages are the same, and I like having the chance of laying killer blows.