Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which benefits more if i dont use skelly mages? infinity or pride on merc?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by slurpee, Sep 5, 2006.

1. slurpee

slurpee IncGamers Member

Which benefits more if i dont use skelly mages? infinity or pride on merc?

title explains all

2. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

Infinty for Merc and Pride on Golem.

3. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

if u dont think u'll die often, then take the above statement on making a golem out of a pride (if u can afford it that is also), otherwise might merc with pride will make ur skellys much more damaging. if u use a beast on switch, it'll make it even better.

infinity in no way will grant any bonuses toward ur skellys as they do melee dmg.

4. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

it will improve their hit %

5. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

...and even a 1 point mage summoner should have all their magi up anyway, the more the merrier.

6. slurpee

slurpee IncGamers Member

im not saying that im not planning to summon any mages cuz im gonna use them for some extra meat shielding but if i only put 1 point in magis even with all the # gear sit wont be that powerful cuz mages r weak to begin with and i dont think sacrificing the concentration aura for the conviction aura will be worth it because damage wise it will only benefit the already weak mages and it wont benefit my warriors in anyway because with lvl 45 warriors it can already hit everything in hell soo i odnt need that - to enemy def

7. gorf

gorf IncGamers Member

Don't forget the fire damage from CE will be helped by infinity (I don't recall if the rest is magic or physical damage). I went with infinity, because I also ran a lite sorc at the time. It made my necro so ridiculously powerful, by that point I couldn't care less if pride would've been better. I know that the #'s have been run somewhere before, maybe try searching? Let us know what you find out/decide. I'm rebuilding again, and will be interested to find out.

Gorf

8. happyslayer

happyslayer IncGamers Member

Conviction takes away from enemy defence, which is rather helpful. AS well, the 40% CB on infinity from the bers will help a lot killing big guys like baal.

9. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

I would go with infinity. Your skellies hit twice as much, and with pride they don't do double damage.

Then the bonus to CE is incredible. You have to try it, even with people in the game the monsters still drop. Plus, as mentioned, CE on your merc will kill baal 300x faster.