Which banging tool to bang with

drinkturps

Diabloii.Net Member
Which banging tool to bang with

My Fury/Rabies furball has a weapons conundrum. He's got an upped Ribcraker which has 197%ED so when it was upped, it only has 20 max damage less than the IK Maul I was going to build this chap around.

So I've got a Ribcraker with 160ish-309 Damage with useful resists and 40%Crushing Blow or my IK Maul which has a max damage of 329 and 37% Crushing Blow and 2 empty sockets. (I can still stick a socket in my Ribcracker).

If I stick with the Ribcracker I can keep my STR at 124. For the IK Maul I'm looking at either another 100 stat points or filling my inventory with strength charms and modifying items. Now in Hardcore 100 points in Vitality is rather splendid when coupled with my Oak Sage.

So I open it up for discussion. Should I stick with my upped Ribcracker or should I keep on pumping for the IK Maul. What would you do?

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
You using the rest of the IK kit ?

If not, it really is a no-brainer...

Otherwise, it's a bit of a toss up imo. I'm partial to the cracker, but that's just me.

drinkturps

Diabloii.Net Member
Erm, I'm afraid I have made a big mistake. It was an upped bonesnap and not a ribcracker. I still like my bonesnap.

Apologies for any confusion.

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Bonesnap is absolute crap... far too slow for any self-respecting Druid. I would either try to get a Ribcracker (normal is fine) or go for the IK Maul.