Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Which aura is more party-friendly: Conviction or Fanaticism? der=0

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by avengerjim, May 21, 2005.

1. avengerjim

avengerjim IncGamers Member

Which aura is more party-friendly: Conviction or Fanaticism?

Hi all. After a long (1.5-2 years) break from Diablo2, I return to see what 1.10 is like. I've made a Paladin, named AuradinJim. (I'm easy to find on Bnet because my character names end in 'Jim'). As the name implies, I've invested a few points into skills but I'm concentrating mainly on the auras. I've got 2 points in sacrifice, 4 in zeal, 1 in vengeance and conversion, 1 in the pre-reqs to get Holy Shield, and 2 in Holy Shield. I also grabbed FoH out of curiosity but it probably won't be my main attack.

Offensive auras: I've got 1 in might, 2 in Concentration, 1 in Holy Fire, 2 in Holy Freeze, I believe 5 or 6 in Holy Shock, and 1 in Fanaticism.
    Defensive Auras: 1 in Prayer, Cleansing, and Meditation, 2 in Salvation.

Current level: 33.

My main technique is to use zeal as a main attack. I use Holy Shock when I'm soloing as it deals excellent lightning damage. I plan to max Holy Shock Eventually. For huge crowds, I usually try to convert 1-2 enemies and then switch back to Holy Shock. (Against Stoneskin or PI, I use Vengeance).

Here's my question: When I'm in a party, I prefer to use a more party-friendly aura that everyone can benefit from. Do you think I'd be better off investing heavily in Concentration or Fanaticism?

Pros of Concentration
    HUGE range.
    Excellent damage increase for everyone

Pros of Fanaticism
    Increased Attack Speed
    Good damage for me (but less for party)
    Increased attack rating.

Advice would be appreciated

Jim

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums:)

I'd say Fanatiscism! Even though most characters are probably already optimised for max attack speed, extra attack rating and damage is sweet. Also the characters that can benefit from Concentration/Fanatisiscm are mostly melee characters who will usually stay very close to you, so the relatively small radius from Fanatiscism isn't such a big deal. Also if you switch to Concentration your killing ability will drop quite a bit which isn't so cool:(...

3. Tastychiken_europe

Tastychiken_europe IncGamers Member

faaaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Mayhs

Mayhs IncGamers Member

basically what chimaira said...fana

5. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia IncGamers Member

fanatacism hands down

6. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

It all matters on what kind of party you are playing with. I say fant. But concentration gives more damage. I have seen my werewolf going as high as 20k max fury with a hammerdin in play. Fant gives more ar but less damage. i never really worry about my ar when doing p v m.

7. MoonUnit

MoonUnit IncGamers Member

I would have to agree with the previous posters, fanat all the way :)

8. DennisBergkamp

DennisBergkamp IncGamers Member

Fanaticism, much better than Concentration. However (as the title of your post probably incorrectly states) when deciding which aura is more party-friendly, CONVICTION or fanaticism, I would have to say Conviction... because Conviction helps almost every single character, be it sorceress or melee (it lowers monster's defense ratings by like 90%, basically negating it).

9. avengerjim

avengerjim IncGamers Member

Hi all. Thanks for the replies! The post actually deliberately said concentration, not conviction. I'll definitely take your advice and bump points into Fanaticism to help out the party. The reason I have no points in conviction is that I haven't invested in Thorns or Sanctuary yet and wasn't sure it was worth the investment of a point. However, I figure I may as well grab conviction, so as to live up to my name: AuradinJim.

Thanks for the advice, all.

Jim

10. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

fanaticism actly gives a lesser amount like in the 150% to partys damage. Where concentration gives it full amount. The ar from fant does help. But in p vs m I make shure I all ways have enuff ar which is never a real problem.