Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where's the DClone?!? (WSCL)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheApostate, Jun 4, 2008.

1. TheApostate

TheApostate IncGamers Member

Where's the DClone?!? (WSCL)

Just wondering if they discontinued spawning the D clone on the realms or something. I play on US West Ladder, and, well, I know he's not common or anything, but some months ago I seem to remember at least seeing the SoJ sale messages every once in a while... What happened?:confused:

2. iewcce

iewcce IncGamers Member

Re: Where's the DClone?!? (WSCL)

Funny, i was about to post the same question.. Is there any tactic to track him down?^^ other then to keep a hellgame opened 24/7

3. Grimey

Grimey Banned

4. TheApostate

TheApostate IncGamers Member

Well, Grimey, thanks much for the useful link, however I still have an unanswered question inasmuch as I am playing on a Mac :banghead: without Windows, and cannot (to my knowledge) download mIRC... Really all I want to know is whether or not the DClone phenomenon still exists. I never really actively hunted him before, and yet still got many SoJ notifications, and even got lucky once or twice when he spawned uninvited in my game. The lack of SoJ sale updates makes me wonder if there are just so many active hunters nowadays that they crowd out the more promising servers, or if bnet has decided that we're all too spoiled, and somehow altered/removed the spawning criteria.

...Which leads me to another question: How exactly is the SoJ counter "counted"? I'm assuming it's not when some doofus sells an SoJ to Charsi or anything :crazyeyes:, and I know I didn't get a notification of any kind when I bought my first and only SoJ recently (but, who knows, I've probably got a fakey anyway, right?)... Any clarification you or anyone could provide on this would be greatly appreciated!:worship:

5. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

Makes me sad that I've never even been in a game where DC has walked. :( Unluckiest person on bnet.

6. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

No worries jimmah, you're not the only one. It can be tricky even if you actively hunt for him.

If you want, you can buy an unid anni, kill Diablo, and drop it on the ground & pretend you got dclone. :jig:

7. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

I want to kill him myself! Just kick his red behind even redder. Would be so sweet.

I have never owned an anni either. xD

8. iewcce

iewcce IncGamers Member

i met DC in classic^^ bet he is a bit easyer there since i kicked his *** with my 69 hammerdin:p no drops, no exp, big waste of time:)

9. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I hope this isn't hijacking....

So people sell SOJs to any vendor to up the count for that server, right? And I assume that either the SOJ does not appear in the vendor's inventory or that it costs 100,000,000 gold so that no one can buy it back. Which is it? I'm not curious enough to charsi my only SOJ.

10. rswt

rswt IncGamers Member

Hi,

I checked the dclone counter and dclone is still walking on east and west. Also to Snicker, the sojs disappear. SO don't try selling, buying it back to advance the count... Unless I'm on the same server ;).

*swt41

11. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

Yeap. Soj will dissappear when sold to vendor...

its been a long time time since i saw DC.
    last ladder i still managed to find him a few times... but this few months since i restart, i haven seen him since.