Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where's the best place to find SOJ's?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by EvilBarney, Mar 8, 2004.

1. EvilBarney

EvilBarney IncGamers Member

Where's the best place to find SOJ's?

I keep doing norm cows with lvl 85 sorc with heavy mf gear, so far I found it once after about two weeks. Is there a better place to mf for them?

2. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

andy nightmare

3. Drukqs

Drukqs IncGamers Member

MFing is all about luck.
    There is no 'best' place to find a SOJ.

-Drukqs-

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I guess "the best place" means the place where you need the least luck to find a soj ;)

The places with the highest chances are normal Diablo or normal Baal. Their mlvl is just high enough to let sojs drop, but not high enough for rings that need a higher mlvl.

However, selecting a special place for sojs won't increase the chance significantly (assuming you kill normal Diablo or better monsters), but it will drastically decrease the chance for all the other good stuff. Your chance for sojs will rise from something like 1% to perhaps 1.1%, even under the best conditions.

IMO the best place for sojs is any monster that has decent drops in other respects as well.

5. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk IncGamers Member

I think a research was made. I think the conclusion was nm Andy. Andy has the highest chance of dropping a unique ring and/or amulet. If you combine that with nm where she only can drop nagel, manald and soj she must be the best place to hunt for a soj.
    Personally though I would prefer hell Andy as she also can drop other nice things.

That sounds a little confusing I think...

-Sparrow

6. Daedin

Daedin IncGamers Member

True.. andy NM has the better chance... but again, it's all luck.

Yesterday I was killing Andy to get my first 1.10 SOJ and after 20 runs I was getting bored so I expand the killing to Mephisto (and Breem and his friends)... and they dropped the SOJ for me... My first SOJ in 1.10!!!... it was cool!. I'll try it again today :p

7. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

I posted big guide about this question. Here it is: http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=146855. It holds many grammar errors, but info itself is correct.

Are cows the best place for soj mf? No. Not even closely. I doubt if they even can drop a soj. Any monster in game with level 39 or higher can drop soj. But chances are not the same. And normal Hell Bovine has lvl28.

Drop chance for ANY ring is 0.31% per 1 item for Hell Bovine, 0.69% for Hell Mephisto, 1.0% for any Council, and 1.35% for Andariel. And act bosses drop uniques more frequently.

8. Daedin

Daedin IncGamers Member

Your guide was the reason I start farming Andy... so thanks :worship: