Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where's my Act II merc's Aura?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TavMasterT, Apr 18, 2008.

1. TavMasterT

TavMasterT IncGamers Member

Where's my Act II merc's Aura?

I hired a NM Act II merc. He's supposed to have Might Aura but when I go out fighting he doesn't turn it on. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

2. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Re: Where's my Act II merc's Aura?

The aura is activated when he attacks. Let him jab some monsters and it'll trigger sooner or later.

3. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

It can take a long time for it to turn on. You may go through several games without seeing it, it seems to be completely random.

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

his AI needs to select it as an attack.

as he gets higher level he will Jab more often so he wil be slower to tun on the aura.

try teleporting him into packs, out of packs, to the edge of packs....basicaly force him to make more decisions.

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

What level is he? If it's too low he'll have a level 0 aura. Otherwise it'll be as mentioned above

6. synx

I was wondering if that was the case myself when dealing with very low level mercs.

Do their auras have the same level requirements as the corresponding paladin auras? i.e Can I go into nightmare at level 10, grab a level 10 NM defensive merc... and have it use holy freeze?

7. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

No, the mercs auras are calculated differently. A NM act 2 defensive merc for example doesn't get a lvl 1 holy freeze aura until it's lvl reaches 27. If you're interested in the equation then check out http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=580080 otherwise if you just want an excel spreadsheet of all the merc stats then check out http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=304163, under the heading "Merc Stats and Leveling Mercs" there's a link.

8. phrozenX

phrozenX IncGamers Member

One thing I have noticed is that a merc can bug and never turn on his aura. The only way I have found to correct this is simple and quick. Un-equip his weapon, re-equip it and the aura should be on again shortly.

:)

9. prion

prion IncGamers Member

phrozenX you aren't talking about Insight are you? that's not reliant on merc AI, either its on or its bugged, and your trick will fix it.

10. Erwwwd

Erwwwd IncGamers Member

phrozenx, this happens when a merc dies, when you revive him all aura's he/she got from equipment will be inactive. Re-equiping will turn them back on.

11. synx

Thanks orph, I've been looking for a page like that and couldn't find it for the life of me.

:heart:

12. jasonmazzy

jasonmazzy IncGamers Member

i found reequips fixed, it. but Ive also had a merc get 1/2 way through baalruns before deciding it was time to use aura. lol

13. Elfjes

Elfjes IncGamers Member

also, my merc only seems to his defiance on at the beginning of each games, and won't turn it on again if he's revived. rejoining the game looks to me like the only solution.

14. TavMasterT

TavMasterT IncGamers Member

Wow, lots of posts. Thanks for all the replies.

After the first response I took my merc out again and specifically made sure that he attacked. Once he did he turned on his aura. I was sure he had gotten some jabs in before that when he wasn't turning on his aura. This merc was level 84 when I hired him so he should definitely have been high enough level to use his aura from the start.

I know in the past my defiance mercs wouldn't turn on defiance until we started fighting, but it seems like they always turned it on pretty quick once the fighting started.

On the merc auras bug: The way I understand it is that after a merc dies and gets resurected all of his/her auras are effectively disabled. You can re-enable any one equipment based aura at a time by re-equiping that item. For example, re-equip helm and helm aura works. Then re-equip weapon and weapon aura works but helm aura is disabled again. Then re-equip helm again and helm aura works but weapon aura stops working. And so on. Any built-in aura won't work. The only way to get them all back is to exit and rejoin after resurecting the merc. I've never had multiple equipment auras on a merc but the rest fits with what I've observed.