Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where'd my money go?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by datbirdie, Sep 2, 2006.

1. datbirdie

datbirdie IncGamers Member

where'd my money go?

Hi, I am new on this forum.. and I have a problem.... I am playing diablo2 in nightmare mode, and I go to a dungeon, beat up some baddies, and when I come back I have less money! This has been happening every time I leave town. I was up over a million gold, then it started goin backwards... about 50,000 a pop! I keep depositing money trying to get it back up, but to no avail.... Now I am down to about 225,000 and pretty frustrated... any suggestions? Is it maybe something I am carrying? Or maybe a bug? Help! I am goin broke....

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Hmm, are you repairing items when you re-visit town, or have you ever died on one of your expeditions?

3. datbirdie

Sometimes... sometimes not. But it happens when I just come in to sell off my goodies that I have collected.... I come to town, sell my stuff, go to my stash and boom, I have less money than when I left. Gah...

I have noticed that I seem to lose more money the more I get beat up in the fighting though... even if I don't die. I have also noticed that I don't have to repair my items as much as I thought I should be. Sometimes after some wicked battles I'd come back expecting to spend a fortune in repairs, and I'd have to do little or no repairs on my equipment. There's no way I would be spending as much money as I have lost though.

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Hmm, then I can't think of anything. Are you playing a mod? If not, what patch are you playing (if it's battle.net, then it'll be 1.11b).

The things that normally result in alot of gold lose for a player involves:

- Death
    - Repairs/Recharges
    - Merc ressurection (especially higher levels).

Try to take the gold out of your stash and keep it on your character, to see if it still gets reduced.

5. datbirdie

Playing v.1.11

Not playing expanded version, because my disk is messed up and I can't install it... (really need to get a new one when I get around to it), so no recharges or merc resurrections... and not playing any mods... just the straight Diablo II with v.1.11 patch.

I know dying makes me lose gold, and I spend money to repair, and also when I buy stuff... that's all well and fine, but the loss occurs even though no money is spent, and when I make it back to town alive.

I'm baffled. Sigh.

6. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

If you keep the gold in your inventory, rather than the stash, does it still get reduced?

7. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

gear that has charges costs alot to repair (over 100k sometimes) if you use them
    when you repair/buy from npc's they will take gold from your char then from your stash if you dont have enough on you

8. datbirdie

Okay, I took my gold with me... a little over 200,000. I walked out of town (Kurast) and looked at my inventory... and I was knocked down to 191,000 - just for doing nothing! But I think that maybe doing that might have tripped something, because since then I have not lost any gold... go figure... I have been doing stuff like usual, and built my gold back up in no time. I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but I sure thought it was strange!

Thanks for trying to help me figure it out... still don't know why it happened, but relieved it's not doing it anymore... at least so far...

9. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Here's a link to get your CD replaced. Bliz charges $10 for the service.

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0133p

It's REALLY worth it!!!