Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where you get socket item??

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by RagnarRock, Mar 23, 2004.

1. RagnarRock

RagnarRock IncGamers Member

where you get socket item??

There are so many players out there collecting runes for their item, for barbarian i saw breath of the dying and Silence which needs 6 socket weapon. I wanna know where did u guys get those socket item from by finding it, bought it or simply use the cube recipes to "make" it yourself?? :scratch:

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

try playing through the game.

hint: it's one of the quests.

3. johny

johny IncGamers Member

I also want to know the answer. I want to get an ethereal 6-socketed colossus blade.

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

You can either get lucky and find a 6 socket ethereal elite weapon for BotD, or, in the more general case, find a non-socketed ethereal elite weapon, then take it and have Larzuk use the socket quest on it. For items found in late nightmare and virtually all of hell, Larzuk will always put the maximum number of sockets that item can get.

-Hal

5. Qor

Qor IncGamers Member

Hey,

at least I would like to know *if* there are any special known places or monsters for ethereal weapons or armors. :)

6. Phantasy

Phantasy IncGamers Member

I always thought Larzuk would only socket an item which has not been socketed yet. Like when I tried to socket a tal armor with more than 1 it would not let me. Or a tal face mask. Maybe those items can only have 1 socket eh?

As for finding socketed items, the best place I have found is in the secret cow level, just tag along with someone with high mf and socketed items start flying around (not that it will be a 5 or 6 though). In act 5 on the way to baal you find some as well.

To make a socketed rare or elite item, you would use the cube and 3 perfects skulls+jewel+soj+rare/elite item. I have not tested if you can use the same item for more than 1 socket.

Lastly, where is everyone getting those high runes like Zod?? Answer: traded someone who bought them from someone who duped them lolz; bought them on ebay or somewhere on the internet; found one during mfing (chances are 1:1trillion probably to exagerate); any combination just mentioned above.

7. Canoe

Canoe IncGamers Member

Phantasy:

It is true if an item is already socketed Larzuk will not re-socket it.

For set/magic/unique/rare items the most you can get is 1 socket... you cannot get more than that for anything.

And to anwer the first posters question - there are plenty of places where already socketed items drop - but i find hell pits to be the gold mine for these, they seem to fly all over the place in there for me.

And yes - for any decent item level item (end of NM, or just about anywhere in hell) as stated above Larzuk will socket the most sockets that that item can have. There is a chart on diabloii.net which will show you the max sockets certain items can have (i.e. a Thresher can have up to 5, while a giant thresher can have up to 6).

Most likely, just because of the chances of finding one... the 6 socket ethereal collossus blades etc that you see were found "clean" as an ethereal collossus blade then taken to larzuk who then added 6 sockets to the item.

8. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

if you are looking for runeword-possible items, use as little mf as possible.

9. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Hal, wouldn't it be cheaper to use the formula :
    1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
    rather than using up a socketing quest reward, or doesn't it work with ethereal items? I know the cube formula won't work with superior items.

I always pick up white elite armours looking for high defense worth socketing for runewords.

I notice rares can now have 2 sockets with the right affix. Can anyone confirm if Larkzuk will now add 2 sockets to rares ?

10. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

sorcy:

I believe someone tried using the cube recipe, and it had the inherent problem of not always giving the max number of sockets or something of that nature. It may not work on ethereals either, though I havn't tested it to find out. I just use larzuk, since he's a sure-thing.

-Hal

11. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

Yes Larzuk is a sure thing, but most of us do not have enough quest rewards to socket every item we have, especially on the first couple of characters, so I see it as a viable alternative for most of us.

12. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I'd still much rather rush a character to larzuk in normal to make sure I got 6 sockets on my berserker than taking the risk though, lol.

-Hal

13. m1rage

m1rage IncGamers Member

Using the cube to socket doesn't work on ethereals. Furthermore, it has a random chance to have 1 to max sockets, but the highest probability is to get max sockets.

14. dead munkey

dead munkey Banned

this thread doesnt belong here. please refer to the stat threads when you need these types of ansers...better yet...do some research for yourself..a great resource is theearreatsummit.com
    basically everythin you need to know about it stats is there
    read up and enjoy self reliance.