Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to start?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Hardstyle, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Hardstyle

Hardstyle IncGamers Member

Where to start?

Hi I'm new to Diablo 2 and I have no idea where to start.

Should I start with a magic find character and go onwards from there?

Thanks , HS.

2. TheOgre

TheOgre IncGamers Member

Re: Where to start?

Hi!
    That sounds like a very good start in my ears. But again it all depends on what you want out of the game. It is perfectly possibly to just pick a character and play along with the items you find on your way. If thats not your thing, and you want different and more powerful chars, a magic find char as your starter is a good idea. This way you can collect a few nice finds, trade them and build a new and better char.

I dont know if you have read this but its a great start: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=422336

edit:welcome to a great game and a great community:D

3. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

No. You should start by playing the character that you think looks the coolest. I am 100% serious. If you're really new, the best thing you can do is play around with it. You may make a different character for every single class, and never make it far in the game, but you need to learn sometime, and when you first start is the best time to do so.

Once you've played around a bit, and gotten a feel for the game, then you can worry about MFing, dueling, Baaling, all that stuff. Right now worry about getting used to the game.

I do have one recommendation, though. Do not start as a Sorceress. They do become powerful later on, but they are the hardest character to start out as untwinked (using just what you find). Chances are you would become very frustrated using one as your first character.

4. Hardstyle

Ty for the help.

Any suggestions on class? ):

5. Hardstyle

I'm really lost on builds , stats wise. I want to be good at PVM.

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Welcome to the forums,you can edit any post of yours for up to one hour to add or remove content. We ask that you do this instead of creating multiple postings (2+) in a row in rapid succession without someone else first adding a post in that thread. Doing so is usually considered spamming and can result in the thread being closed.

Please take note of the forum rules, located here and also have a look at The Community Forum Rules and Links Thread

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I think it doesn't really matter. Just use the character you think is the coolest as it was suggested. Odds are that it will not be the most successful character of yours and you will soon make another one or two.

If you really want to have a successful character, you should look at some build guides. The common beginner mistake is spreading skillpoints among different skills too much, so read the skillpoint placements sections of some builds... and forget the gear selection in the guides, usually only very rare gear is suggested, you will not be able to get those without trading or magic finding...

And if you really want a specific suggestion, I would suggest few builds I think are both fun and viable through the whole game: trap assassin, shapeshifting druid (werewolf), bow amazon, Holy Shock Paladin (=Tesladin).