Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where to spend remaining skill points?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by fallen angel of satan, Jun 27, 2008.

1. fallen angel of satan

fallen angel of satan IncGamers Member

where to spend remaining skill points?

just making a ww barb now :) going to be wearing ebotd, enigma, SS/Beast etc etc ie the normal gear

he will be doing a mixture of pvp and pve but mainly designed for pvp (versatile pvp, so both against melee and casters)

my stats are base str, 100points in dex rest in vit. This will give me max block with SS

atm I will be maxing BO, WW, axe mastary

I am just unsure where to spend points after this.

do I max shout? do I max iron skin? so I max natural resistances? do I max run/walk skill? or maybe something else? I cannot seem to decide atm :(

2. EzkiMo

EzkiMo IncGamers Member

Re: where to spend remaining skill points?

Well, Leap is always a good idea for PvP if you intend to play as a BvC. Natural resistant has very small returns, so 1 point is fine! Although I prefer Iron Skin, at least if it's going to be a "general ww barb".

That's just my opinion, hope it helped you out!

3. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Grief>botd for PvP.

We have one BvC guide in our sticky and another one posted recently, give them a read. It sounds like you want ot make a BvC with max block so plenty of advice should still apply.

4. fallen angel of satan

thanks for the pointer to the guide mike :) I had just been looking at the guides stickied at the top of this page which never answered my questions :) that one in the pvp section is very thorough :D

I had forgotten about leap :)

grief vs botd, very tricky issue. Sure grief has better average damage but botd allows me an extra +90vit (+30 from the weapon, +30 replacing the str, +30 replacing the dex) It also provides the life and mana leach making PvE alot smoother :) (also no repair bills with botd :D :p) and finally botd will allow some very high hits :). so to me its a flip of a coin which is better, after all pvp is not all about damage. O and another large issue for me is I am getting a 415%ebotd zerker while a grief with decent +dmg would be tricky to get in NL I imagine.

thanks for the pointers guys :)

5. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

IIRC lowest possible dmg roll 34% IAS grief has better average dmg than BotD. If it's both pvm and pvp you should have both botd and grief in stash :)

Non superior griefs are cheap to repair too :)

edit: I'm quite sure I can hook you up with a grief zerker so that you can test things and find what you like better (PM me if interested).

6. fallen angel of satan

ye, no denying the increased damage due to the fact the +400 damage is to the min as well, so a botd average damage comes up to ~367 while grief non sup hits ~447 (memory so could be wrong) which would bring the sup to 514.

As long as my base str barb can wield his gear without the stat boost from botd id love to test a grief at some point (not quite got the rest of my gear yet though lol, awaiting a couple of trades to go through) as before my acc is *Rbentley100 - so you dont think its some stranger whispering you hehe