Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to shop for + 3 Enchant Staff

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by CameronFoster, Jun 14, 2005.

1. CameronFoster

CameronFoster IncGamers Member

Where to shop for + 3 Enchant Staff

Hey all.

I would like to make a leaf/ Memory in a +3 Enchant Staff so I can enchant my lower level friends using my cold sorc.

I have been shopping Drognan in Normal Diff.

So far I have found :

Lots of + 1 Enchants (Ranging from 1-3 Sockets)

A dozen + 2 Enchants (2 with 2 open Sockets)

Only one + 3 (It has two sockets but was Mechanics :()

My questions are:

1) Where else can I shop? Anywhere else I have looked above act 2 Normal always spawns magical staffs :(.

2) Can a + 3 Enchant spawn in Norm on a white staff? I need 2 os or 4 os, I also have a spare socket quest if that is important.

Thanks

~CF
    ____
    Edit: OMFG I just found two more +3, but they were both Magical, and one was even a Mechanic's :(

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Drogman is the place to go: Enchant is a lvl 18 spell, so Akara can't sell it.

And yes, Enchant can spawn in normal on a staff --- why not?

Only Act 1 and Act 2 shops in normal sell non-magic items, UNLESS you use a lower level character. Normal-shops have ilvl caps, and shop-items at ilvl 25 and up are always magic. Items in shops are created at clvl+5, so if you shop with a character that's at most clvl 19 you can get white items.

However, it's much simpler to use Drogman in normal difficulty, since he's capped at ilvl 20.

I haven't had success getting a +3 bonespear wand from drogman either, but I just tried for an hour or so --- then I decided that I would stop turning my brain into pudding and try again some other time.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

you might want to use a lower level char. at around 25-40, most items are white.

4. CameronFoster

Thats for the advice. I kept looking and finally got a + 3 white one. I was about to cube (for 2 Sockets) to make Leaf, but thought I should check max sockets on arreat first. It was a gnarled staff so it got 4 socs from Laz :).

Now I would like to get a +3 Energy shield.

Where is the best place for this, and what level char. (Drognan doesnt seem to have any)

~CF

5. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. If you have many points in fire mastery and warmth, it might work, but if you don't, I'd expect maybe a couple hundred damage. Level 23 enchant from Demon Limb with no synergies gives a little over 200 damage, iirc.

6. CameronFoster

Yeah the staff is nice.

It gives:

3 Fire Skills

3 Warmth

3 Enchant.

I'm level 94 (da Sorc) so I actually already have 10 base stats in warmth.

The Enchant is level 16 (with no skill points in it) so it gives around 175 fire damage, just enough for my friends.

Still wondering about where to get a +3 energyshield, I still only currently have a +2 (made into Memory, so + 8 Es)

~Arcane