Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to put the rest of my skillpoints!?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by DjYabbo, Mar 31, 2004.

1. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Where to put the rest of my skillpoints!?

Hi!
    I have build an dual sword barb, and at the moment i'm lvl89, and don't have much of a problem in hell, except for Oblivion Knights (Im). I have 6 unused Skillpoints, and there will be more as i lvl.

This is the skills that i have put points into :

Sword Mastery (max)
    WW (max)
    Shout (max)
    Bo (max)
    Bc (1point)
    Find Pots (1point)
    Find Item (1point)
    Increase stamina (1point)
    Increase Speed (1point)
    Iron Skin (1point)
    Natural Resist (1point)
    Berserk (1point)

Should i :
    Put some more points in Iron skin for more resist? or
    More points into berserk? or
    Maybe even points into Warcry?

Or something else??

Thanks for advise

Cheers
    Yabbo

2. Red_Zone

Red_Zone IncGamers Member

if you are using 2 swords why not have 1 pt in frenzy as well? takes 3 points to get frenzy but its better than a normal attack. i have 1 point into warcry and i usually use it to escape. but battle cry and taunt are VERY HELPFUL because it taunt brings ranged monsters to you, and they lose their special skills like curses or frenzy and battle cry lowers their damage and defense, but they cant both be used at the same time with each other or other curses.

3. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Hi!
    Thanks for the advise. Frenzy could be useful, but i don't know.. i think i would use berserk and ww most of the time anyway.. But i will give it a thought. Taunt and warcry seems more interessting. Think i give that a try. :)
    The only problem with them is if you party with a necro or if someone in your party have equip that have % to cast, but for sp it would be good, and i usually play quite alot sp :)

Thanks m8

Cheers
    Yabbo

4. johny

johny IncGamers Member

According to Hal's guide, I think you should put the skill pts into Iron Skin.

After all, Conc barb is a defensive barb.

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

he's a ww'er.

less than 10 points in frenzy is pretty inconsequential. until then, you get a faster swing speed with double swing.

that being said, i like double swing for a dual wep barb. 1 point there is good for a left click attack. 10 points will give you free double swing.

i like 5 points in NR, for more eq flexibility and charm space.

iron skin is not a bad idea.

if you are using find item, more points there will help.

6. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Double swing maybe is the way to go.. i got NR at skill lvl5 with equip, and have 75 all res on hell, so no more points there :)

How is double swing work against act bosses?? At the moment i have no really good attack against those.

So, What would be the best choice?!

Aim for 10 into double swing, or leave it at skill point 1, and raise Iron skin? At the moment i have around 13k def. I realize that the more def you got, the better, but would 13k be enough, or is Iron skin really needed?

Cheers
    Yabbo

Ed : Btw, regarding charms, i have life sc, and no resist charms. At least not many. And no anni yet either..

Ed2 : Not really use Find item.. Thought it could be cool just to have one point there.. Don't have any other mf equip on this barb anyway.. Got some sort of brain blockout and put one point there.. Find pots on the other hand, is quite useful.

7. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

i would just go iron skin, or battle command if you are lazy and dont feel like recasting as often :)

8. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

With maxed Shout and Bo i don't have to recast bc that often.. I last for 285secs.. Could go for the ironskin, but the best choice for me, i think, would be some descent boss killer skill.. :)

Cheers
    Yabbo

9. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

conc is probably the best all around boss killer. it increases your def, keeps you from going into the hit recovery animation, and keeps you from being interrupted. not that great for dual wep barbs though.

ww should be better for this, but for some reason, it's just really hard to hit bosses. i heard of an animation glitch where the bosses' body is not where you see it on the screen. i find that i hit duriel more if i aim for his front foot, and baal more if i aim for the top of his head.

10. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Well, i think Conc is out of the question, since i use dual weap. I think i try a less mana consuming skill.

How bad is the AR on a lvl10 Double swing??

Cheers
    Yabbo

11. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

I'd say ironskin regardless. That's the typical sink for extra points on a whirler, and it's the most useful, since it will always be in effect. Berserk takes care of IM enemies for you, and you can use your one point of conc against bosses if need be. Putting excessive points into two weapon skills that don't synergize each other is somewhat pointless, since you'll mainly be using your whrilwind most of the time anyways.

-Hal

12. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Hi!
    Thanks... Seems like Iron Skin is the way to go.. Thanks for the very useful advice from all of you. Now i start to put out some skill points :)

Cheers
    Yabbo