Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where to put my skill pts?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by chien, Feb 17, 2004.

1. chien

chien IncGamers Member

where to put my skill pts?

Ok, I am a poisonmancer. I've maxed PD, PE, and PN and 1 point each in all curses and 1 in teeth, CE, Clay G and G Mastery. Now I am lvl76 with 9 unused skill pts. Just wonder what is the best for me? I am using partial trang's set (belt, glove, shield and armor) and blackbog dagger with nat boot. I just wonder, is it good to start put points in Skelly and SkellyMastery? or put points in BW, BP? or use the marrowwalk "feature" :lol: ? BTW, I am using a HF merc. Thanks for your help :)

Chien

2. Neothin

Neothin IncGamers Member

if CE doesnt have enough range for you, try bring that up a bit :D

skeletons wouldnt be too bad of an idea either... take for example, HoS's venom/skelemancer that he has

3. chien

chien IncGamers Member

Yeah, I have a pure skellymancer with maxed CE with lots of fun :clap: But, for the points I have (assuming I can lvl him to 85+), I can't max both SW and SM. So, is maxing BW or BP good as a good decoy while I spam PN? or you guys still think half max SM, SW work better? Thanks!

Chien

4. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Why would you need CE when PN does all the work anyway?

I got Skeletons with my Venomancer, since Trang's is made for a venomancer/summons anyway.

HoS

5. somewhatdamaged99

somewhatdamaged99 IncGamers Member

If you are a poisonmancer, then lower res is your best friend, so maybe get that to 16 points (with +skills) for maximum -61%.

Then you can not go wrong with putting ALL remaining points in corpse explosion

somewhatdamaged

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Or buff the AI curses some.

7. chien

chien IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks for all your helps :) Finally, I dump all the points to SW and 1 to SM. (about 12 SW and 4 SM now). I have 6 skelly to be summoned now.. but they are rather weak... almost get whipped out in Hell pretty quick.. guess I'll need to put more points before I can see the usefulness. BTW, do I need to switch my HF merc to Might Merc? Thanks!

Chien

PS: currently, I have +7 or +8 for Poison skill because of Trang's set the the unique dagger and Sazabi's helm (for its +1 and +lit and fire res).. My PN did about 3.7-3.9k/ 2 sec.

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Might will help the Skellies, but they will still be pretty weak. I would wait a while with the switch until you buff the Skellies some.

9. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

One technique that could make your skellies a lot tougher is to buff them up with special summoning gear. I have Arm of King Leoric and a +3 summoning head on weapon switch and in my stash I keep a + 3 summoning Circlet and + 3 amulet. So before an expedition I take that gear to raise my army and golem. Try that to get a +8 boost to SW and SM and summon resist if you have the gear.

10. Neothin

Neothin IncGamers Member

using the +summoning skills gear to prebuff wont help at all :(