Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where to put extra skills

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Superhal, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

where to put extra skills

i'm level 81-2 atm with my LF zon. my current skill setup:
    20 LF
    20 valk
    5 multishot
    5 pierce
    1 jab
    1 wasted point in impale
    1 pt pre req's.
    28 unspent skill points

currently, i'm doing some baalruns and then i need to do some cows to get grey/white items for runewords. after that, i plan on doing a5su's with mf eq.

current eq setup:
    +2 zon circlet, 30% frw, 11 all res, some other stats, clean.
    vipermagi, socketted with all res jewel, iirc 45 total.
    20 ias/2% LL crafted gloves
    23x/19 ravenfrost
    6% manald
    goreriders
    cat's eye
    demon arch
    pdiamond stormshield
    tgods or razortail

pretty much trying to keep it at 0% mf. however, afterwards, i got some stuff for her:

ptopz harle
    wealth armor
    chance guards
    rhyme hyperion
    war travs
    35% mf amulet
    7% carrion wind (i got 3 of these. wth.)
    6% ml/5%ll dual leech rare ring
    verdungos, dual leech set belt, nos coil, tal's belt, or goldwrap.

stats:
    110 str
    200 dex
    140 vit
    base nrg
    60 stat points left over. i always do this to myself. once i can wear stormshield and get max block with raven, i stop putting points.

so, i basically want to do two things: kill cows and other easy, thickly packed monsters as quick as possible for now, and then do mf later.

my thoughts:

option A: defense
    5-7 points each in dodge/avoid/evade.

option B: offense
    max out jab, leftover in CS.

option C: synergize LF

option D: ...?

i don't really feel that crit strike is necessary, as most of the damage comes from lighting bolts, or, using jab, crushing blow. i also have an a1 merc, so AR is not really necessary. pierce is useful, but the diminishing returns are pretty painful. i usually throw on razortail for cows. as i'm using a javelin for everything, i could also put the stat points in str (.5% ed from str/dex,) which would make it easier to equip stormshield and allow me to use heavier armor.

thanks in advance.

2. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

Some nice gear there but an upped Titans with Thundergods will make a noticeable difference outside the moo moo farm with no need to spend anymore points.

However, once max block is achieved and assuming you have no intention of using a bow, I firmly believe once life reaches 1000 plus then all points should go in strength for extra javelin damage.

Skill points wise if you use thundergods then max pierce or swap to razortail for cows.

If you are intending to level at some point into the nineties then I'd thoroughly recommend points in D/A/E.Weight points distribution to evade if your intending to keep distance and throw or even spread if intending to close with the enemy.

For future twinking reference you can find multishot bows in the shops at higher levels. :cool:

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I would put remaining points in Charged Strike, it will synergise Lightning Fury (a little bit) and is a great boss killer. Very nice if you are going to MF, use LF to thin the crowds and CS to kill the boss.

As for stat points, more life is always good, I think the extra physical damage from adding strength/dexterity is to pitiful to matter, so vitality gets my vote.

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I'd also smack the rest into cs because of the one-monster-killer effect (bosses)
    but make sure to have at least one point in dodge/evade/avoid. Not having this is just stupid imo, with +skills etc, it might save you from time to time

5. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Forget Jab, just stick with 1 pt and let +skills take care of it. Max Charged Strike instead. And put your stat points in vit, it looks pretty low for your level.

6. Superhal

thanks for the suggestions everybody. :)

i have around 850-900 hps after harle, 750 without, but i'm getting pretty good at using the valk with jab. if you piggy back on the valk, you can still hit the boss and not get attacked.

re: cs: is it fast? impale is woefully slow, and even though jab is very low damage for me with demon arch (1705), the crushing blow is huge. i think this was the easiest ancients i did so far, since those chumps all went with lightning/cold/fire immunity. hah!

re: d/a/e: worth getting? i already have max block and relatively high resists (max cold, others 30-50) and 35-45% phys damage reduce. the only things that kills me is extra strong + aura enchanted + extra fast + descynched boss packs.

7. Superhal

k, here's what i did:

-raised d/a/e to 5 each, average 48% in each.
    -put 5 more in pierce, for a total of 75%, now i don't need razortail at all.
    -1 in power strike. i only get 9 more LF damage per point. what a ripoff.
    -1 additional point in crit strike to see if it affected the displayed stats on valk. it doesn't.
    -leftovers (@10) in decoy for added life to valk and as a much more convenient way to group monsters.

i went this way going on several assumptions:
    1. as a full mf char, defense would have to come from skills, thus d/a/e and stronger valk.
    2. increasing pierce allows me to dump razortail.

for stats, i put an additional 20 points in str to make it easier to equip stormshield. this allows me to put away tgods and just use my 26 str ammy. rest in vit for 1k life.

8. Superhal

and, for what it's worth, after equipping this zon for mf, pindle dropped me a WF! </brag>

9. Superhal

...and it's a whole 90 damage higher than buriza!

10. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

The effects of points spent in critical strike are not displayed anywhere even for the players character but you will notice the effect over time at low levels and by watching the creatures health bar as the valk attacks you'll see the effect there.

I never spend points in the javelin skills solely to synergize LF but synergizing CS with LF never hurts the characters development.