Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to put excess skill points

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Karatejag, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Karatejag

Karatejag IncGamers Member

Where to put excess skill points

Just finished maxing all the light trap skills for my pvm mfer. Just wondering where I should put any extra skills I get. The only other abilities I actually use are Fire Blast, Mind Blast and Shadow Master. My thinking is to pump Master because I have an infinity merc anyways and mb does it's job well enough as is.

Thoughts?

2. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

I still stand by pumping Fireblast, for dealing with immunes... But if you are running an infinity, then I am not sure...

Master does not gain much with extra points, whereas Fire blast is perpetually useful, so I still think that you should dump points there.

Laz

3. Zorandel

Zorandel IncGamers Member

Are you suggesting putting points into FB just because it gives extra shots to DS or is there more to it ? If so, than is it really so good to put points here? I mean, you can always recast DS and put the points somewhere else.

4. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

I think he was suggesting that you pump up FB and use it to kill LIs. It takes a lot of practice to get the hang of aiming it, but Fireblast actually deals a pretty significant chunk of damage when well-synergized (you can break 10,000 fire damage per second, with some decent +skills). I always max Fireblast instead of CBS on my trappers, because it not only gives me something to do while my traps go to work, it also adds some wicked supplemental damage (especially if you teach your Shadow Warrior to toss Fireblasts. SW + FB = crazy damage).