Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to MF and XP with my Blizz Sorc and Build for Baal i

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by nulio, Aug 25, 2010.

1. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

Where to MF and XP with my Blizz Sorc and Build for Baal

Hi all!

I'm getting tired of cow running and I'm thinking of also starting to runs Pits and Mephisto.

1- Are this the best three areas to run with a blizz sorc?

2- How much MF should I aim? ~250?

3- Best Merc gear? I'm using eth shaftstop with Reaper's and I got an eth andariel's with RjoF. What should I socket the shaftstop with? A kelpie snare for mephisto would be a good choice?

I also want to start running Baal more frequently but I don't have any effective build.

4- What cheap efective build would you choose (other than a meteorb or blizzballer)?

2. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Re: Where to MF and XP with my Blizz Sorc and Build for Baal

1. Replace the Pit with AT. Add Pindle. With a Bonehew you can add Baal as well.

2. For AT, Meph and Pindle - As much as you can possibly load on her. It shouldn't slow you down substantially.
    For running pindle, get a harmony bow on switch to run through town.

3. It doesn't really matter. Run Meph without merc. In AT and at pindle he rarely gets in range of any monsters. If you need him to take out the occasional CI, give him a high damage weapon and some lifesteal.

4. Give your blizz sorc a Bonehew (For the CE charges) and accept you need to tackle wave 2 at /p1, and you're good to go.

3. Frowzor

Frowzor IncGamers Member

The best place to MF with a blizzsorc is the Ancient Tunnels, no question. Level 85 area with no natural cold immunes at all. The pits has those fast-moving rogue things that are immune to cold, so I'd try something else there. In AT a blizzsorc kills everything VERY easily, so you can easily pack on as much MF as you can and still kill most things in one hit. I think mine has about ~600 MF or something around that.

For your sockets I'd make sure you've got max res for your merc, and after that some hit recovery is always nice.

4. Chairnick

Chairnick IncGamers Member

1 - MF Meph until you have descent gear, then switch to Ancient tunnels and Pindle. Meph won't give a lot of XP, but after you switch to last two targets you'll level pretty fast.

2 - As much as you can without sacrificing your speed too much. Aim for 105 FCR breakpoint (or 63 at the very least). Blizzard damage should be around 4000ish (depends on what player settings do you play and what level you are). Fulfill those tasks first, then start looking in the way of MF. Just to give you an idea: I have currently a bit over 500 MF on my blizzy.

3 - Really depends on which area you're running. Generally, whenever there's elemental damage thrown at him aim for maxed resists, some DR is nice too (I usually give him Duriel's Shell and Vampire Gaze - Cheap and effective), but if there's little to no elemental damage - for example Pindle - I go for max DR (meaning Leviathan and Vamp Gaze usually).
    As for weapon, I don't really think that there's anything else besides Insight runeword worth using. Of course if you're using RWM that is. You make it in a eth elite polearm and you get big hurty stick that eliminates all your mana problem once and for all. Did I mention that it's dirt cheap?

4 - Trapper maybe? Also, it depends what you mean by effective, but Fishyzon and Fishymancer (this one is dirt cheap) are also pretty good for running Baal (and especially areas before the throne). Personally I just run with my blizzy. Granted, cleaning and second wave are a bit of a pain, but it's manageable (I heard that it's worth sinking a few points in Nova to speed it up a bit)

EDIT: Meh, wrote for too long <_<

5. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

Thanks for all the feedback! :thumbup:

I forgot to mention some stuff. My Blizzy is ES and can spam anything without the blue bulb moving. She's 93 and got there with nine parts perseverance and only one part of xp efficiency. I'm at the point that I really must start to be much more efficient (both XP and MF)

She hits the 105 FCR and 86 FHR and has 7.5k Blizzard with the best gear. Without the veil and while MF running it's lower. I'll have to sacrifice a little more dmg and the FHR hitpoint.

I usually use for MF a Ptopaz'ed Shako, Chance Guards, Gheed's and some MF charms. I get ~175 MF. I have to get a good pair of war travelers and some MF and +str charms so I can switch the sandstorm trek. With this I should get to ~350 probably.

I always confuse the areas, I was trying to remember the lvl 85 area without CIs but missed it :p

Probably I'll run some Mephy for fun and some gear for other chars then Pindle and AT. I'll also try Baal with CE charges.

What should I give to the merc to help me clear wave2? Shall I steal a eth 2H grief and get an act5 merc? :p

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  6. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Grief in an eth two-hander seems like a waste to me. Death will do much more damage.

Besides, an Act 2 might merc with an eth elite Obedience will more damage, I think.

7. BobTheWarrior

BobTheWarrior IncGamers Member

1- AT, Meph and Pindle, as has been stated.
    2- AT: As much as you can safely, AT can be dangerous with the wrong boss pack spawn. I like to be at 105 FCR for this, as there is a lot of teleporting involved. I run 3 part Tals + Fathom + Spirit. With charms, I have 300 MF. The Fathom could be replaced with a HotO or Occulus until you get one. Meph: Hit the 63 FCR BP then load up your MF. You should not need anything dedicated to survivability here, if you're getting hit you're doing it wrong. 500+ MF is doable. Pindle: All MF. Harmony on switch, then dedicate everything to MF, don't worry about any BP's, your resistance, FHR, etc. Just MF. Run /p1 or /p3 and the merc can take out CI pindle. Run higher /p settings and just s&e if he is CI. 600+ MF here.

3- At level 93, you can do just about anything. If you're going to be running all three each game, I would recommend using Shaftstop, Vampire Gaze, and Reapers Toll. Socket to max resists, then check IAS and FHR BP's. You could tweak this a bit if you're going to specialize on certain targets to increase the MF he wears.

4- Blova. Check out the guide by "LiquidCircus". Although, I don't recommend running Baal for MF, AT/Pindle will get you better results over the long run.

I personally have a blizzsorc dedicated to Pindle and a 2nd dedicated to AT. My AT runner has a decent Meph map, so when I need to visit him she does the job, although I could build another and do it better. After trying to run Baal for awhile with my Blova, I realized it was not efficient, and respec'd her into my current AT/Meph runner as full Blizz.

8. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Make sure he has CBF. Kira's Guardian is nice for that. For his weapon, The Reaper's Toll probably does the most damage of all polearms, whereas Kelpie Snare (upgraded; socketed with an Amn rune) would help you shut down Baal completely.

P.S. Be wary of the Blood Mana curse. You've got a decent life pool, but it'll still eat through you quickly if you aren't paying attention.

9. frozzzen

frozzzen IncGamers Member

Darn, Squid ate my post :(

Abuse the hell of respec tokens and ignore entire ES route. It is just slowing you in PvM play. Blizzard sorceress can be one awesome Baalruner especially with high end gear like yours.
    Respec her in pure Blizzard sorceress and you will have close to 13k Blizzard dmg. I did 4.5min 1/8/3 Baalruns with my 4.5k Blizzard dmg so you should fare much better :wink:

Focus on getting 75LR and get maximum dmg possible with having 8 x 7MF small charms, Gheed and ptopaz Shako. MF switch can be either CtA (30MF) + 4Ist Monarch/Rhyme or something similar. p1 on second wave and some decent merc will deal with it.
    CBF is important here. I would recommend eth Insight GPA + Vampire Gaze + Gladiator's Bane socketed with whatever.

Same can be applied to p7 AT runs that will give you much more goodies (imo) but they are slightly more dangerous.

10. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

I'll digest every piece of advice you all gave me and prepare a new trade thread :thumbup:

Bahhhh... If all PvP nights goes like this one I think I'll use full Blizz for PvP also! I don't know if my arms and hands are just tired from all the heavy work I had this last two days or if I really suck and been having luck since games usually don't go this bad.

Tonight I had to pre-buff a lot. A full blizz while training hard and perhaps later on back to ES.