Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where to level/MF in early nightmare?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by veganNecro, Oct 10, 2006.

1. veganNecro

veganNecro IncGamers Member

where to level/MF in early nightmare?

Hi all. I accidentally completed the Baal quest at level 32 with a LF javazon, and am now in act 1 nightmare. I also accidentally killed the cow king, so I can't make normal cow level. It's been a while since I've played, so I forget what areas are good for what (except cow level, I know that).

Anyone have suggestions for places either in early NM (just act1 please) or normal that I can level/MF at? Ideally I'd be soloing in 5-8 person games and in areas with lots of monsters so I can clean up with LF.

Should I just try to find normal cow/baal games to join, or is there something better I can do on my own?

2. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

Flayer Jungle ~

3. veganNecro

Would Flayer Jungle in normal be good enough exp for a level 32, really?

4. Samsung

Samsung Banned

Personally I would go back to normal and do some baal quests. I'm sure you can find someone in op xbananax to help you if you are on east, or if not you could solo them. I usually hit NM at around 45. Then I quest to NM andy and NM meph and run them till I get some decent gear.

Hit me up, i'm starting on battle.net again if you are on east
    *banana-cruel

5. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Just scout out normal games using a mule or some other char still in normal (ideally games with a bunch of people doing Act 2 or something... anything other than Baal) and then join with your Javazon and pwn. You don't even have to do just Baals... Halls of Pain, Ancients Way, etc. all give decent exp.

6. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

I meant flayer jungle nightmare ^^ But if you're only in act 1, I'd just play through act 1 in multi-player games (solo & unpartied). You should level up plenty fast.

7. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Level while questing. You'll get great xp from the boss packs in act 1 at level 32, so just have some fun and quest through in a nm act 4-5 game. Doing this will only grant you waypoints, but get to catacombs, make a 1 player game, do andy, then move on to act 2 in a multiplayer game, etc.

Lucky

8. veganNecro

Sounds good, thanks for the advice y'all. I am on East, btw, account = *goveg.com. I think I'll do the scouting out normal games routine for a bit and level up with baal, etc, runs, and then just work through act1 normal by myself in high player NM games.

9. Wordplay

Wordplay IncGamers Member

Just remember that many people like to TPPK especially in the Throne of Destruction. No, not even low-lv chars are safe. Dicks get kicks out of anything.

By the way, isn't the Pit in Tamoe Highland a decend place to level up and loot items?

10. LuckyDwarf

The pits, in hell, is a good place to get xp/items. It is a high TC level in comparison to the rest of act 1 and later acts. I believe it is TC 85, and is in that pool with the Ancient Tunnels, Maggot Lair 3, WS2+3+Throne, among others.

Lucky

11. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

To elaborate: Hell Pits = good, NM/Normal Pits = pointless.

12. LuckyDwarf

Thanks, I knew I missed something crutial. :)

Lucky

13. Grockman

Grockman IncGamers Member

Decent place to level in early NM is the Dark Wood. Very target rich environment. Tightly packed mass numbers of critters and one unique guarding the tree of Inifuss. Found a pr of 45% Travs doing that.

14. veganNecro

OK, so I took the advice of just finding normal Baal games and banging out a bunch of those to level up, and uh yeah, it worked ridiculously well. Did them up until like level 46 and now nightmare is a joke. Like seriously, nightmare is ridiculously easy. So thanks whoever suggested that :)