Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to go from here?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ddkknoll, Oct 14, 2010.

1. ddkknoll

ddkknoll Diabloii.Net Member

Where to go from here?

Dear All,
    I am back for yet another round and was wondering what to do. I have built an 82 h'din and taken him through hell. Then stripped him to build a strong MF sorc. I ended up taking her to ancients but was never able to beat them. She has full tals and the rest of her gear is for resis and FCR. I am wondering what to do here, I recently discovered that you can reset your stat and skill points. I was thinking maybe I would go ahead and put on a ton of mf gear (500+) and just MF mephisto for a bit. In order to do this I would have to trade a little (about 50 pgems or so) to pick up some nagels, war travs, and good chancies. The goal of this would be to just trade up and up and up until I can build a truly gdly hammerdin. I came from online play and it was always my goal to build a character that can just walk around hell doing whatever it pleases. I understand this would be incredibly diffiult because I would need an enigma and hoto (at least) so maybe that idea just doesnt make sense to pursue. In truth I don't know what else to do, my sorc isnt that great and I looked in to building up her merc to make her a good player but she still wouldn't be able to just walk around hell. And just as with the hammerdin getting her gdly would be just as costly. Does anyone know what my next move should be?

quick note: my current wealth is that of someone who has been doing mephisto for about a month. my best items I guess would be 2x Gladiator Banes and an Um Rune.

-Thanks

2. JihadJesus

JihadJesus Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Where to go from here?

A hammerdin that can solo hell easily does not 'need' "at least" Enigma and HotO. Dual spirits and a Skin of the Vipermagi, maybe a pair of Frosties, and you should be good to go. That build is just incredibly overpowered.

In terms of building wealth? People generally advise Meph --> Pindle/alvl 85 running ---> Baal, with some Trav thrown in if what you want is runes.

3. ddkknoll

right so you would suggest "reskilling" my metorb to just all fire and taking out meph for a week or two. I can always switch her back, i jsut need to recollect all those things from the bosses?
    also- enigma is (i find) necessary because walking around is just not an option. and i jsut tried a trav run (i was doing countess runs for runes) and my merc died very quickly. he uses tals helm, duriels shell, and husodal eco bec-de-corbin. i have better armor but he needs to be lvl 85 and i have a vamp gaze but he loses P resis.

4. Shiftycent

Shiftycent Diabloii.Net Member

Walking around isn't an option? So you only play characters with Enigma and Sorceresses?

Also, pure Blizzard is generally considered the best Meph killer.

5. ddkknoll

@shiftycent i didnt mean it quite like that, just really looking to build a truly gdly char. thats all. im wondering if i should finish off hell with my sorc (would need to build my merc a little) or make her a pure blizz sorc and just run mephy with a ton of mf (would need to shop for some gear)

6. JihadJesus

JihadJesus Diabloii.Net Member

Meph is not a hard target - that's why people suggest running him first. Charges of teleport on a wand or Naj's Puzzler (should go for a handful of Pgems in the trade forum) will do.

If your sorc is basically any variety of cookie cutter she should have little trouble running Meph safely. If you can't handle that, run NM Meph for a while. Much of the preferred MF gear drops there anyway since they bulk (chancies, war travs, skullders, nagels) are exceptional uniques or otherwise pretty common, and you can perfect your run habits.

7. ddkknoll

yeah i can run a hell mephisto no problem with a sorc who has no resis and items just for mf. i think if i remake my sorc into all blizz and just run meph all day ill eventually get there. as a matter of fact just now i found a 4% BK ring! and ive already got a fair share of uniques stashed up. i just wonder even if the sebbz pc guide says its worth 5 or 15 or whatever the amount of pgems it says. i wonder if ill be able to trade them, after all something is only worth value to someone who wants it.

8. baqarah

baqarah Diabloii.Net Member

I have no idea how you had problems beating Ancients. I've done several meteorb sorcs wearing mostly things that I found off Meph (Ive been playing this game for 7 years and I've never found Tal's Armor; found two Zods, but never Tals armor). Full Tal's is one the best setups for Meteorber. Seriously I have no idea how you could have problems beating hell.
    Also, my first Hdin had wizspike, hoz, shako and vipermagi. I found him too overpowered and very rarely played him after I patted him.

The best char? Trav running WWer. 1.13 rune drop rates are crazy. With a little dedication (something I lack of lately) you can have any runeword you want to.
    And please don't say you need double grief for barb to be effective... Oath is good enough.