Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to go from here?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by WebDragon, Sep 20, 2006.

?

Why do they hate the new art?

Poll closed Mar 7, 2010.
  1. Doesn't match D3 theme

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Imitates an overrated(?) game

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Not something they're used to

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

Where to go from here?

I've hit one of those ruts that we reach every so often playing this addictive game. I'm not sure what to focus on. I have a few projects that I've been working on and I'm not sure which one to proceed with, so I putting the question to you folks.

I play on the following realms:

US East Softcore Ladder: This is where my main accounts are. I've pretty much done all I wanted to do here. I'd wanted to have my main account full with level 85+ characters, but levelling my classic sorcy turned out to be a pain, and I still have 2 more characters to level.

US East Hardcore Ladder: I've played a decent amount of time here, but of course hardcore is not exactly forgiving, so I only have one high level character to show for it, a level 86 barb who was designed with uber killing in mind. I have about 3 accounts full of mules, but no one to equip. Although this guy is an uber killer, I've yet to muster up the courage to try it.

US East Softcore Non Ladder: I only have one character here. A very sucky Holy Freeze pally. I don't really feel the need to develop anything on non ladder because, eventually (I hope) all my ladder characters will be shifted over and those will overwhelm anything that I can hope to find in the short run.

Asia Softcore Ladder: I have 2 characters here, a decently equipped level 87 hammerdin and a barely equipped level 60 Bo slave barb. I have an account full of mules and I'm currently working my way to getting an enigma for the hammerdin. That's what I'm working on right now.

I plan to finish financing an enigma for my asia pally before I pick my next project, but that should be fairly soon. Once that's done, I'm thinking of doing one of the following:

* Continue my levelling project on east scl. I have to finish my classic char, and then level 2 new characters, which happen to be already rushed to hell. I'm guessing maybe a bowazon and an avenger sorcy.

* Go back to hardcore and muster up the balls to try out uber trist. I make sure that I have someone to loot me and if I die, I try and try again.

* I continue playing on Asia, assuming I get my enigma, and I begin clone hunting to get my anni and trading for pcombats to complete that character. That should keep me busy for quite a while.

* Start fresh elsewhere, perhaps on Europe.

* Just take a break, bump heads with grammer nazis and freemasons on the OTF, and keep an eye out for the reset.

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Why be wishy-washy? I advise you to do what I did: give away all the B.Net stuff, and start completely over in Single Player. It sounds drastic, but I think you'll find it very refreshing.

I started several years ago by playing exclusively SP, then played exclusively B.Net, then moved back to SP. Each environment taught me to appreciate its unique rewards and downfalls, and I'm glad I played both. I'm not saying one is superior to the other, just that you may enjoy the challenge and perks, that's all.

- Noodle

3. conor rocks

conor rocks IncGamers Member

Start dueling, I might suggest east non ladder for GG items, but watchout for dupes.

4. rykuss

rykuss Banned

Geezuz dude! I thought I had a delima on my hands with 9 accounts, 5 on West ladder and 4 on West NL. 1 playable account on NL, actually I have more(19 total) that were given to me but I stripped everything valuable from them and condensed it all to mule accounts. Basically what I'm doing now is remaking my weaker(newer) builds on Ladder to NL and using the gear from former Ladder chars to strengthen my higher level chars there. Once they are all complete, I'll have more time to focus on what gear to try and find/trade for to complete my NL builds.

After that, I think I'm gonna relax and craft for a bit. I've been saving up all season and finally filled up several mules.(I'd been planning to craft after the reset, the one that never came) That and imbuing/rerolling Diadems, I'm still saving up Perfect skulls but I'm halfway there. I've been sidetracked with the remaking of several builds but I plan to get back to my pgem runs in due time.

I've also considered dueling, I'm not particularly good at it but I want to none the less. If that dueling league gets off the ground(the one being discussed in the PvP Forum), I think it'll provide me a nice GM environment to practice. If I still don't like it, well I can always rebuild. :wink3:

Good luck with whichever path you decide to take. :thumbsup: I know I've hit many a cross road this season, hell I didn't even want to enter the trading scene but luckily I had the help of my fellow forumer's to guide me and I finally came out of my shell. I'll also vouch for SP, it really is refreshing and no worries about perming char/accounts. When you're ready to play they're always there, right where you left off. No "WUW", "WUG" or "TPTP OMG NOOB TP!" :laugh: Sometimes, just to rid myself of that "alone" feeling I get in SP, I'll connect to open bnet so I can at least talk to people in my /f l.

5. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

starting new is fun, i started over in europe (stronger economy)
    i have a 71 sorc and 40 barb atm, lvling and gaining wealth at a good rate

6. WebDragon

Yep. I can attest to the fun of starting over. However, I've done that twice already over the last few months. Once on east hcl and once on asia scl.

I tend to fill up every account I have. If it has a free spot, it becomes a mule. Last I checked, I had 14 full accounts. That's not counting the many accounts I lost when I stopped playing for a while.

As for dueling, I had a quick jaunt into it. I still duel from time to time, but my ping, when its steady, is usually 500-700. That puts me at a huge disadvantage when pvping. As long as the person I'm playing against is at least slightly competent, I'm dead. I stopped considering pvp seriously after that.

The single player suggestion doesn't seem like a bad idea. I've always been interested in the grail. It would definitely be a long term project, and it would have nothing to do with the much delayed reset, if it ever comes.

Hmmm . . . :scratch:

7. chrislindsay

chrislindsay IncGamers Member

You know you´re curiousity is going to get the best of you at some point--if you´re hc east barb is ready, I say rock it!

8. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

Another vote for play SP

9. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Do your ubertrist (or try) and take a break. Kepp your chars refreshed and find something else to do for a while.

10. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Giev itens?

11. WebDragon

Pulling a fast one, eh? You can change your name all you want, but I got my eyes on you... :english:

As for my plans, I've decided that, once I'm done with my pally on asia, I'll give my hc barb a shot at ubertrist, but I'll go for broke. One shot and hope for the best. If I die trying, so be it.

I'll then probably start fresh on single player and start on my first grail quest. I'll let ya folks know how it goes.

Oh and a Thyiad, thanks for the offer buddy. :flowers:
    I just might take you up on it if I decide to head your way.

12. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Id say the hardcore trist has to be the most satisfying challenge on your list.

Goodluck with that:thumbsup:

Hmm no actually the most satisfying would be the poing durf boobies :laugh: