Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to go from here?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Shanksie1337, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Strafeazon - Where to go from here?

Hi Folks

I need some advise regarding a Strafezon i am building:

She is designed to be a pit running mf-zon Softcore Ladder Europe:

Gear:
    Clean Socketed 7% WF
    Shako "pt"
    Skullders "pt"
    Chancies Upg
    WT's
    Mara's 27%
    20/22x Raven
    7% Manald - am sure i have a better ML ring somewhere - will mule this on if needed - or will use a nagel if i find i dont need the extra ML.
    Razortail - to be swapped for Upg Goldwrap.

Inventory:
    Anni - 13/10/10
    B & XB skiller
    P & M skiller
    Gheeds and a few life / mfsc's

lvl 51 Might merc - will use - Upg Duriels / Reapers / Tal's Mask

She is currently lvl 73 (baalrun's until i could use the WF). With all Normal/NM quests done and all Hell quests to be done.
    725 Life
    339 Mana
    211-2043 Strafe damage (with might merc aura)
    2xx-15xx Strafe damage (with no merc)
    2371 AR with strafe

STATS:
    With gear on she has:
    144 Str
    180 Dex
    110 Vit
    35 Energy (base)
    135 UNSPENT

SKILLS: (all inc +skills)
    17 Valk
    8 All other passives (65% peirce - i assume razortail effects don't show here)
    27 Strafe
    Pre req's for Strafe
    37 UNSPENT

I have some questions for those with experience of strafers:

1. The open WF socket - AMN / 39 ED jewel / Other ? (as u can tell i am ignoring IAS in favour of MF).

2. Where should i spend my remaining stat points? Vita for more life or dex for more damage. And how much life should she have? - so far i have put ~60 into Vita to stop her getting killed in 1 hit.

3. Regarding strafe damage - what are "good" figures to be aiming for when running Hell Pits.

4. Remaining Skill points i assume i need for PI's (tho i seem to remember PI's don't spawn in the pits). What skill would best compliment strafe when dealing with PI's? (tho i have an Upg WWS and reapers on merc to help remove PI). Guided / FA / Immo / Other ?

5. Also with Skill points: is 8 peirce ok (65%)? or shall i put it up to ~75 for when i remove the razortail.

6. AR - i plan on keeping chance to hit high :D so either points in dex or points in penetrate to keep it high? or both?

7. What sort of res's will i need to survive in the pits as i have both an UM'd Shako and an UM'd Skullders i can swap in to increase my res's (48 in NM iirc)?

8. Mana Leech - i am hoping that i can survive with a low ml% but fill the ball thru the high damage, as opposed to lots of leech % on low damage - is this viable? or will i need more ML than the 7 on the bow, and the 7 on the Manald?

I am sure i have missed some of my questions, but i hope some1 will be kind enough to answer the ones i have posted :D

ty in advance. :buddies:

2. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

well the isa needed to get a wf doing 9/2 with strafe is 120%.

so the way I se it:

lavagouts 20%
    goldwrap 10%
    highlords or cats 20%
    WF "sheal" 40%

skulders ire "15% isa/max dmg jewel"
    shako "15% isa/max dmg jewel"

= 20+10+20+40+15+15 = 120%

then use Wts, would give you a mf % of :

50% shako
    1,25% x char lvl (90 is used here) = 112,5
    50% wts
    nagel x 2 = 60%
    greed 40%

= 50 +112,5+50+60+40 = 312,5% mf

this is what Im aiming for... I dont have p. ones of the items yet, but Im getting there. Hope u can use this for something, if u need more mf (40% from chance guards then u could live with the 10/2-3? strafe) then do that, however the extra speed helps you do things a bit faster.

3. heilskov

heilskov IncGamers Member

2. Where should i spend my remaining stat points? Vita for more life or dex for more damage. And how much life should she have? - so far i have put ~60 into Vita to stop her getting killed in 1 hit.

144 Str
    180 Dex
    110 Vit
    35 Energy (base)
    135 UNSPENT

with these stats I think you should put it all in dex, dont do more life or str.

3. Regarding strafe damage - what are "good" figures to be aiming for when running Hell Pits.

higher is always better dude... get what you can, dont just aim for a fighour.

4. Remaining Skill points i assume i need for PI's (tho i seem to remember PI's don't spawn in the pits). What skill would best compliment strafe when dealing with PI's? (tho i have an Upg WWS and reapers on merc to help remove PI). Guided / FA / Immo / Other ?

guilded wont help sh** for PIs. Immo sucks, FA rules it a million times, others? if u dont go FA then do LF (its cheaper skill points wise and is the fastest killer in the game when you meet large groups of monsters)

5. Also with Skill points: is 8 peirce ok (65%)? or shall i put it up to ~75 for when i remove the razortail.

is ur aiming for 120% isa, razortail isnt that viable, you´ll need those last 10% ISA, also 30% mf from goldwrap never hurt if its for mfing the pits.

6. AR - i plan on keeping chance to hit high :D so either points in dex or points in penetrate to keep it high? or both?

with strafe, chance to hit by % goes off alot... get lava gouts, that lvl 10 enchant helps a bit.

7. What sort of res's will i need to survive in the pits as i have both an UM'd Shako and an UM'd Skullders i can swap in to increase my res's (48 in NM iirc)?

well for pure pits running, res wont matter at all besically... maybe get some lightning for LE monsters.

8. Mana Leech - i am hoping that i can survive with a low ml% but fill the ball thru the high damage, as opposed to lots of leech % on low damage - is this viable? or will i need more ML than the 7 on the bow, and the 7 on the Manald?

I am sure i have missed some of my questions, but i hope some1 will be kind enough to answer the ones i have posted :D

you wont be needing more, also you´ll probably get away with the 7% from the bow.. use 2 x nagel instead.

4. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Regarding your WF socket.

I would say that with valk and merc as your tanks you are "relatively" safe when doing pit runs. However, keep in mind that there can be nasty ranged attackers and also many skeletons from which you can not leech.

Rather than putting an AMN rune into the WF go with a shael rune. In fact, try to aim for the 120 ias breakpoint if you can, without loosing too much mf. I personally reached it today and found that it makes a big difference on my multishot - I am not sure if IAS helps significantly on strafe, perhaps it only reduces the interval between casting another strafe.

Besides that you can always try some cheap options and unsocket if worst comes to worst. Hope that helps a little, will add more info later.
    After all, Amas ROCK :yep:

-Backdoor Bandit

5. Backdoor Bandit

Res is important yet it often means sacrificing a lot of MF. How much total MF would you be aiming for?

I would say that 200-300 is a reasonable goal. Once you have gear for this amount set up, check out your resistances and post them. We can always work something out with res charms. (Of course make sure you have done the anya quest to get +30 res in total)

As long as your resistances are greater than 0 I would say you are ok, atleast in the pits. In other areas its a whole different story. For example, without 75 light res you won't survive doing baal runs. As simple as that.
    Will you be limiting your ama to pit runs only???

-Backdoor Bandit

6. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Thanks to both for replies - i'll respond as they pop into my head :eek:

I was under the impression that strafe was fast enough without aiming for too much IAS (as opposed to other bow skills - FA for example). Hence using strafe as oppsed to other skills for mf'ing. I would only Shael the bow if i really couldn't survive in my ideal mf gear and i had to go the IAS route.

---would really like some more feedback on the need for IAS with strafe---

As for res's - i agree, i was aiming for positive res's, and i think with my hell anya and some bits and bobs of res from some mfsc's i should be positive in hell. I'll use UM'd shako and Skullders for the first 10 runs or so to make sure i have the knack, then gradually decrease her res's.

I was making her purely for the pit as ppl say strafe > hammerdin for the pit, and my hdin is pretty bloody fast. I may also give Eld / Shenk / Pindle a try to see how they go, but she is made for the pit, any other areas are a bonus.

As for mf aim, well both my sorc and hammerdin have ~500 mf and i was hoping to get near that figure with my zon.
    I figure:
    74 - shako
    136 - skullders (@clvl90 - using the above figures)
    30 - goldwrap
    35 - chancies
    35 - WT's
    30 - nagel (assuming my ml is fine without my 7ml nagel)
    36 - gheeds
    =376

[Really can't be bothered trying to trade perfect WT's / Chancies]

add some mfsc's and i am sure i can get 420+

any more replies greatly aprreciated and some clarification regarding strafe and IAS would be nice too

7. WylderlanNation

WylderlanNation IncGamers Member

Bandit, I just have one suggestion for you. You said the 120% ias is really helping your multishot? Your about 30 Ias over buddy :D

Hydras etc hit 9 fps at 90 ias (89 if your picky) and leaves them at 9/3 strafe, but your using Multi anyway. The only thing 120 ias gives you is a 9/2 strafe, that your not using anyway. Suggestions? Drop some Ias, load on the mf.

8. Backdoor Bandit

Slight misunderstanding. Strafe is my main attack - that is why 120 IAS helps me so much. However, it was more obvious using multishot. Sorry, should have mentioned that.