Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where to get?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by WNxZerker, May 3, 2005.

1. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

where to get?

hi I am newish to classic and I need a little help finding gear.
    I am not asking for a handout just a point in the right direction.
    I am looking for:
    shard
    gull
    goldskin
    tarnhelm.
    just wondering if someone can tell me the best palce to find these in classic, or the trade value of them so I can trade them.
    I started out by collecting rares and the ocasional low set and managed to scrape together a char but now I need to outfit her for hell.

Zerker

2. stanzaman

stanzaman IncGamers Member

The best place to find Gull is in Act 1 normal, Stony Field or later. Later in the game, daggers just don't drop as much. Just take a character with a wide area of attack skill (holy shock/holy fire paladins work great for this, but there are many builds that will work), load them up with all the MF you can, and go run around Act 1 normal for a while. Also a good way to get hotspurs (unique boots that could possibly be traded for some of the items on your list). For the other items, best place to find them is the usual spots people like to run. NM Mephisto, council, diablo. Hell Council, Andarial, Choas Sanctuary, etc.

Good luck trading for them. Shard is fairly cheap, and so are low mf tarns. People generally want SOJ for goldskin, gull, or a high MF tarn. Though they aren't worth that much, and those same people would not trade their SOJs for those items (trading games are a complete waste of time if you ask me, due mostly to people who seem to have nothing better to do than to spend all day trying to sell their items for way more than they are worth, and the people who deal only in SOJs and high end duped rares). If you happen to have an SOJ, you could probably trade it for a Gull AND Goldskin AND a tarn though - that wouldn't be that bad of a deal.

I'm basing this off of non-ladder softcore USWest, by the way.

3. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

The place I always start out when looking for uniques/set is NM Andy she can drop almost any unique.

4. WNxZerker

kool I will give nm andy a go and if I dont find anything good then I will move on to meph.
    thanks guys
    I will let you know how i get on

Zerker

5. sculpen

sculpen IncGamers Member

In my experience, the fastest way to early riches is to run the cow king on normal. He has the highest chance to drop Gull, Tarn, Hotspur and Blinkbat's(and the uber Lenymo :D ) of any monster in the game. Just make an orb sorcy and get her to lvl 35ish and able to kill cows and the king quickly. Then make a low level char for retrieving the leg and making the portal. Pals work well with Vigor or Barbs with Increased Speed. The key is making it in rooms where people are in other acts, so you can switch chars after the portal is up without the game closing. The King is easy to find. Just run/tele around till u see his corall thingy.

I did this at the start of the season and got 3 gulls and more tarns than i knew what to do with in about 1 week of ~20 runs a day.

For early mf gear shop in act 3/4 normal for gloves and boots of fortune (25%), and socket helms with the highest topaz u can find.

6. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

I am not sure if nm andy can drop gskin or silks. Do know she can drop tarn/shard/goldwrap and magefist.

7. WNxZerker

according to a 1.10 drop calculator for expansion the best place to find shard is norm diablo.
    and for gull its cold crow or cow king (there are more listed better than himbut they dont feature in classic)
    and goldskin its meph nightmare and diablo nightmare.
    and for tarnhelm its the cow king norm and then meph norm.
    I dont know if these are the same in classic or if this breaks the forum rules.
    I hope not.

I ran nm andarial and found next to nothing. a few god rares for my new hammerdin to use till he can hammer. a nagel and a manald heal ring.
    nm meph never drops anything good and nm diablo takes to long.
    I think I will run norm diablo and coldcrow.

Zerker

8. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Goldskin can drop in NM catacombs lvl4, just not off andariel :D. The unique packs next to her can drop them. Oh and norm cowking running is very good to get those annoying uniques (gull, tarn, hotspurs, blinkbats) I remember i done 25 second runs with a freind, and a set/rare skullcap would drop every run. Hotspurs / blinkbats will easily get your goldskin this late in the season.

9. WNxZerker

I had a friend jump on my hammerdin and I did some norm cow games to lvl him up to 25.
    on the first run I droped 4 uniqes and the first of those was a 47 MF tarn helm. then in the next game there was nothing. cow king dropped sod all aswell. but yeah he dose tend to drop set and rare skullcaps each time.
    next off to the nm cs to look for goldskin and lvl up hammerdin so he can do it solo.

also coldcrow dosent exist in classic, there is a random uniqe monster in her place can be a zombie quilrat or corupt rouge. they ddidnt look to promising so I might skip the gull and go straight after a shard for him.

Zerker

10. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

NM meph drops alot of shard but not much gull/tarn.

11. Rawly

Rawly IncGamers Member

Coldcrow does exist in classic killed her lots and lots of times with mf sorc with about 350% mf and have got gull from her. She lives in the cave in the cold plains usually right at the end of the cave.

Top tips for mfing orb sorc

(dont do normal diablo quest just level in cows and cs until lv 40+, put about 7-10 points in orb and mastery rest in teleport and you can clear cs/diablo in like 3-4 mins in 8ppl game and do cold-crow, meph, cow king etc..

load up with mf items, i use the following,
    3 topaz helm 72%mf,
    angelic amulet/armour/2xrings for 100%mf
    +1 skill +75 life +mana +50% fire resist,
    chance guards 40%,
    goldwrap 30%,
    rare mf boots 24% with 30%fire resist,
    unique wand with 30% fast cast/ gull for kills 100% and
    wall of eyeless for getting places quickly and 3d shield for cs.

Best mf in my opinion is nightmare diablo with sorc that hasnt completed the nm/diablo quest. Use max orb/cold mastery skills and rest in thunderstorm for de salis who is occasionally cold immune, can get to lv 66/67 easily enough off these runs so it is pretty easy to complete a cs run in about 5 minutes at a time, either find cow games or exp games (where diablo quest is complete) or better still get friend to open new game with a character that has killed diablo.

If you run with lots of mf (300%+) you get uniques and sets, if you run with low mf you get rares. Found my one and only soj from nm diablo in open play in 4 years of playing (on and off)