Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to find Wand for White

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by MyCompSucks, May 15, 2005.

1. MyCompSucks

MyCompSucks IncGamers Member

Where to find Wand for White

I've been looking for the past few days for a +3 Spirit and or Spear Wand to make White in, but I can't find one. I read that I can't buy one unless they char is lvl 18-19 or something so I don't only find magics.

I've been running hell cows and can't find any, any other suggestions?

2. BrianK

BrianK IncGamers Member

I've always been able to find them at Drognan's in A2. Can't remember what character level, I think anything that would "normally" be in A2 is fine.

BK

3. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Yes, Act II Drognan is the place to purchase. +3 spear is available here, and anywhere past will get you only magicals. There are some tricks make this a little easier, but I don't want to tell you wrong, and I don't remember the details.

Your best bet is to shop, leave town, shop more, repeat. It can take a pretty long time, though, so don't get discouraged. Just make sure you get bone, grim, petrified, tomb, grave, polished, ghost, licht, or unearthed (not all of which are available from aII Drog--just bone and grim, IIRC,) as the others can only get 1 socket.

4. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Yes agreed - Act 2 Dragnan normal is a great place to buy white text wands,scepters and long staff :p I made a fireball-blizzard sorc and to get her level faster i just spend 20mins till i get a nice +3fireball/2os long staff to make 'Leaf' hehe. Actually normal cows would work as well but if you are looking for white text/socketables most would advocate wearing as little %mf for best results :D

5. MyCompSucks

I've been doing hell cows to try to get the 2 BSs one, but i guess i'll farm drognan for a bit but the +3 to each is really nice.

I've been using my hammerdin, i guess i should take out the MF Charms and gheeds from the inventory, the rest of his stuff is enigma, shako and travs (dont have other boots at easy access i might.)

6. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

MF shouldn't effect shopping, and the reduced vendor price on Gheeds can be nice, especially if you might buy more than one. Or maybe I'm misreading and you are talking about cows, in which case you are probably right. Still, although it can be tedious, it is far faster to purchase from drognan. After all, if you find a nasty wand later, you can always make another White. Dol+Io ain't Jah and Ber, you know.

7. MyCompSucks

you're misreading, took off mf for the cow runs.
    I wanna make an edge bow for 15% reduced venor prices onto of my gheeds as well.
    Tonite I'm gonna buy a +3 spear from drognan and then cow for the uber nasty one, a few runs a night.

Anyways, what are the chances of Cows dropping wands? They only drop like 0-2 per run

Also, i made a plain white got a few sets of DOL+Io anyways

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

After about an hour of shopping you'll be ready to take any +3 BS wand you can get. I check all wands I find and have never found one that was even moderately useful like say +3 BS, +1 Bone Spirit outside of act I. I imagine a 2 socket +3/+3 would fetch a decent rune.