Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where To Find Good Stuff in Single Player?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Grignr, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Grignr

Grignr IncGamers Member

Where To Find Good Stuff in Single Player?

I play hardcore on a private server with some friends. We are all around lvl25.... where are some good places to find treasure as we progress? Certain areas with high treasure levels, or whatever they're called.

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I would run Travincial (the Council Members) and/or Mephisto, if you think you're hearty enough... 25 is a little low for Meph-running.

3. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Andy can be productive and pretty safe too.

4. Grignr

Grignr IncGamers Member

Well, we aren't at Meph yet, and that was definitely an obvious choise. :) I just mean that everyone talks about "Hell Pit" as a great MF place... any other zones we should keep an eye out for?

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

If you're 25, don't worry about the Pit, as it's only worth running (to the best of my knowledge) in hell. In hell it's nice because any item in the game can drop there, and is one of the easier of such areas. For a 25, if you MUST mf, then either A2 tomb runs or A3 Trav runs depending where you are. But really, just playing through the game should net you enough items to get to baal without doing MF runs, the closest I come to those would be when starting a caster I'll do countess runs until a tal drops to make stealth. Once you get to baal, then run baal as it will net you good exp and some end-game items if you're lucky (Raven, Viper, Dwarf, SoJ..)

6. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

if you're playing with a group, running meph as soon as you get there is well worth it, especially if you each take turns killing him. I mean, the whole group gets there, whittles him down as much as possible, than the selected "killer" for that round un-parties and knocks him off. You just have to be careful with mercs, as they're hard to keep control of when its someone else's turn. More rounds of "1st time" drops for all...

7. Grignr

Grignr IncGamers Member

I will keep that in mind.

We just walked into Act III... we did some solo levelling on /players 8 to get to our present levels... we REALLY don't wanna die. We wanna get our hardcore group to Hell... stop laughing!

Holy Freeze Pally with Defiance merc...
    Holy Fire Pally with Blessed Aim merc...
    Necro with lightning act III merc.

Well, we just really wanna get Ancients Pledge before hell... the resistances would REALLY save out butts in there. Meph drop good runes?

Trav runs will be very popular once we get there.... rush up, curse like a fiend, and then run around slamming everything with multi-elemental attacks.

8. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

If you're doing all your quests, you won't lack for ancients pledge runes. You'll all get a set for freeing the captured NPC barbs in the frigid highlands.

9. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

At that level, you dont need to look at treasure levels. That is what matters when you reach the highest item and are not happy anymore with the shako's mephisto drops.

In your case, it is just about killing as many champions and uniques as possible.
    Also try to make sure everyone has some mf while normally playing. no need to be much, but if everyone has a little, it will certainly add up.

At lvl 25, gambling also is a very good option. With my very fist character i played on HCL (untwinked, it was the night of release) i gambled real lot around level 20-25. The stuff i gambled there got me trough normal and nightmare mostly. Espescially if you need resist gear, gambling is the way to go, just gamble the cheap things (belt, boots, gloves, helms).

I think you dont need to do real mf runs. I think the fun of such a private server is to PLAY with your friends, not to do endless runs. If you combine the right character builds, the party can also make you a lot more effective, enabeling you to work with much lesser equipment.
    Also if you do mf runs now, it will be a waste of time in the long run as by the time you get higher, all the stuff you find now is useless.
    When you reached end nightmare with your party (lvl 70) and you findyourself unable to do hell, then you might do some mfing in end nightmare before going to hell though. This can be combined with yourself leveling in baal runs. try to kill baal with as much mf as possible.

If you have some different chars in your party, the chance is also pretty nice that anything half decent you gamble or find will be useable.

for leveling, just play the game with your 8 player party and you should level very well, soloing at players8 probably wont help you since it will also cut your playing speed down a lot and the risks are also larger.
    In fact, having a well compatible party and playing well together is exactly the very best way to ensure succes in diablo2.

Also do i want to warn you for the council. In normal they maybe arent that bad, but in nightmare, i think they are the single most dangerous group of enemies you will see. I rather fight the minions of destruction than the council on nightmare.