Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to buy Diablo 2 online?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Carolus Rex, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex IncGamers Member

Where to buy Diablo 2 online?

Hey guys, I used to have the Diablo 2 + Lod cd's but I do not have access to them anymore, I also haven't written down my old cd keys. After a break from Diablo 2 I've suddenly gotten the urge to play again :)whistling:) and am now wondering if it is possible to buy and download Diablo 2 + expansion online, not counting from Blizzard itself?

I've seen that Blizzard sells both games for $19.99 each which to me seems like a ripoff considering how old the game is.

Maybe I'm better off buying the game from a store, if anyone still keeps them in stock in Australia?

2. haffy

haffy IncGamers Member

Re: Where to buy Diablo 2 online?

Not sure if Amazon ships to Australia or has one of it's own but I've always got my games and DVDs off that site pretty cheap.

www.amazon.co.uk
    www.amazon.com

3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

ebay?

Check the game is sealed but that may be the cheapest.

4. Carolus Rex

Neither of those is an option for me. I am looking for a digital download like the one Blizzard offers, as well as sites such as Gamersgate where you pay for the game and then download the client itself.

Unfortunately it seems that Blizzards price of $19.99 for each of the original and expansion is the "cheapest".

5. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

you can still buy the retail versions (from ebay/amazon/whatever), register the keys.

from then on, you basically own the digital download of the game as well..

6. Carolus Rex

I've found that EB Games sells the Diablo 2 Battlechest for $35, so I'll go and see tomorrow if my local store has it. Atleast it saves me the hassle of downloading (I have very low bandwith limits from my internet provider) or shipping the games (Perth is quite isolated...).

I didn't really think about how big games like these are. I bought Hearts of Iron II with expansions with digital downloads and they were like 1 gb in total which is quite a lot for me. Diablo 2 is most likely larger.

7. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

just a little over 2gigs. hey, i've downloaded 15gigs worth of game before lol. (looking at you da:eek:..)

one nitpick i have about the blizzard dd client is that, like d2d, you have to download the whole game 1st before full install. i pretty much prefer steams "install right away" method..

8. Carolus Rex

Bummer. The whole shopping center which the store is located in was completely closed. I know business hours sucks in Australia but to have a complete humongous shopping center closed down for Sundays is flipping terrible.

This story wont have a close for atleast 1 more day :/

9. Vodnik

Vodnik Banned

I feel like I should warn anyone who might be tempted to buy this game(or any other PC game) used.

Don't do it. Never buy used PC games. More than likely, someone bought the game, wrote down the CD key, and returned/sold it as new.

I've bought several copies of Diablo 2 over the past few years, and all but 1 time, I was restricted from playing online because the CD key was already in use, or it was banned.

Of course, if you plan on playing purely SP/TCP/IP games, then you should have nothing to worry about.

10. Carolus Rex

Ended up buying the game + expansion today at Eb Games. The price was $35 only because they had a price cut of 50% which meant it originally cost 70 bucks! What a ripoff that'd been, I mean I love this game but 70 is a bit much for a game this old.

11. tavaritz

tavaritz Banned

I don't thonk time has anything to do with price. The only affecting thing is demand. Beatles records sell as high as contemporary records so why not charge the greatest game ever the same price as of new crappy games.