Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where to buy D2 digital versions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by zgpmf, Nov 20, 2014.

1. zgpmf

zgpmf IncGamers Member

Hi guys, how's everyone doing, been a long time since I last posted here.

I wanted to do some LK runs, maybe finish my 99 HC self-found project, but my installation is very old and I lost my D2 cds (and key) and my LoD cd is (literally) broken so I can't run D2 anymore.

I wanted to do a fresh install but I only have a LoD 16 digit cd-key, so I need to buy the original. Is it possible to buy d2 digital version (my DVD-ROM is broken too btw) and somehow redeem my old LoD key and only download a client. I tried on my Blizzard account but they don't support Paysafe on which I have around $10 left to spend?

2. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

I'm not sure, but the new digital version keys are probably different, so you'll probably have to spend more... and from Blizzard is the only way to get a legit digital copy.

3. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

I had to go on ebay and order the physical CD's. The advantage there is if you time travel, you don't have to bother making an ISO of your play CD.

4. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

You can redeem you old cd key (as long as it isin't already used) on your battlenet account. It will give you a new key that works with the digital versions you download from blizzard. It is actually pretty easy to do. There are ways to find out what your cd key is if you still have D2 installed somewhere. If you had both cd keys, you would not have to buy anything.

I don't remember what forms of payment they accept, so you might have to pony up $20 through paypal or a credit card to buy the original key.

5. zgpmf

zgpmf IncGamers Member

They want my adress and personal info so I'd rather not buy from them directly.

I know that new copies are 1.10+ but I don't care much for time travel, I would most likely play median xl.

Unfortunatelly I uninstalled it, so I can't get D2 key. So it's not possible to re-use my old LoD key via digital download if the CD is broken?

I guess I'll borrow a DVD-ROM from someone and buy the whole pack, I might even wait until I buy a new comp.

6. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

It is possible to use your key. As long as you have your key and a battlenet account, you can redeem your game and download it (like steam). You do not need a working CD.

7. hannesbrat

hannesbrat IncGamers Member