Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where specific ilvl items drop?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Lgpergentile, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Lgpergentile

Lgpergentile Diabloii.Net Member

Where specific ilvl items drop?

So I used google to search for ilvl guide, item drop guide, etc and have searched the forums (Using the search tool) but cant find a guide for telling me the ilvl of items and where they drop. In Arreat summit there is a qlvl, is that the same as ilvl?
    I am looking to find a Blood Spirit (qlvl 85) to imbue but have no idea where it would be most likely to drop. I do pit runs in hell but haven't found any of the "spirit" druid pelts, and as far as I know the Pit drops ilvl 85 or something?
    Does someone have a link to some kind of up to date v1.13 guide for ilvl and where specific items drop? Or does anyone know offhand?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Where specific ilvl items drop?

Thee selection of abilities of items (called affixes) depend on the affix level of an item which is calculated from the base qlvl (a fixed value for the base item) and the ilvl (determined by the monster which dropped it). Some items also have a magic level (circlets and the like, for example) which influence it as well. Beyond that, it's a too complicated issue for the newcomer forum. Better search the statistics forum for "affix level calculation" or so.

Here is a link to an affix calculator where you set up the item type, enter the ilvl on the next page and then the possible affixes are shown.

3. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

Item level of a dropped item is the same as the level of the monster that dropped it. In Normal difficulty, all monster types have a hard coded level. In Nightmare and Hell, there are area levels where all regular monsters are of that level, Champions are +2 and bosses/minions are +3.

4. Lgpergentile

Lgpergentile Diabloii.Net Member

So I just have to find an area with monsters with the same level as a Blood Spirits ilvl, right? Just like how people look in the Pit as an easy place to get a monarch. Can a mod move this to the statistics forum or should I make a new thread there?

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Blood spirits can drop in areas with a level of 81 and beyond. The higher, the better in this case. For items with a low base qlvl it's better to look in low-level areas. You will find far more daggers in act1 normal than in hell mode, for example.

If you have further questions, start a new thread in the statistics forum.