Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where should I train?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by twiddle_diddle, Mar 9, 2004.

1. twiddle_diddle

twiddle_diddle Banned

Where should I train?

I created a noob MF sorc and am now level 21 and would like to know some good places to train.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

try leveling up in either the sewers in act2, then move into the arcane sanctuary. also remember that the more people in the game, the more experience you get from monsters.

3. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

If you have some high level chars to help you, there is only one place.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. the_leaf

the_leaf IncGamers Member

try diablo runz with 4 or 5 people.

5. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

right now go to arcane until 26+ then move on. I think if you keep joining in those game with 5+ player by the time you finish act 3 you be arround 30 then move on.

6. tl998

tl998 Banned

At level 21? Try eitehr Clearing Tal Rasha's tombs...all 7 of them, and then doing ALL of the quests in act 3. You'd be surprised how many people don't know playing thru the actual game can level you quite a bit. Act3 is huge.

7. the_leaf

the_leaf IncGamers Member

once you get to lvl 24 do ancients then do baal runs

8. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

I agree, actually questing through the game can level you pretty fast.

I've found that if I play through at a comfortable pace, solo, in 3+ player games, that I'll hit level 30 by the time I get to act 5. Then, if I quest Act5 I'll be 37-40 by the time I kill baal the first time. This takes me like 4 evenings of play. After that, baal, cows, whatever until you're ready for NM and do it again.

I can do all this without needing anyone to rush me.

You might check out the leveling guide on this site. http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=512

It's kind of tough to keep up the pace, but at least you know where the best XP is, and when to move on if you can.

9. prion

prion IncGamers Member

there are times when doing 'runs' is advantageous, and the rest of the time its best to quest with a party.

I do arcane till around 22 (24 at most), then quest up to I kill diablo whenever that is. I'll do him a few times then start on foothills. that gets old around level 35 but can be stretched until 40. baal runs can get you to at least 45 and maybe more. since these are the new thing I haven't tried it yet. Actually baal runs were always good xp but there weren't so many games in 09. In normal and nightmare, I kill every act boss several times with the exception of Duriel, tho i still usually do him 2-3 times.

normal cows is a waste of time, they are like mlvl 25 or somthing--they suck. do bloody and baal instead.

if you can get a rush and can stand to leech in nm or hell cows then go for it, but I wouldn't bother, at least not yet, the levels go by so fast when your low

10. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

basically, because of how the exp formula works, you should get lvl 25 before doing norm baal runs. Anyone in lvl 20-24 will get good exp from a high lvl rusher in norm cows. At lvl 24, do norm ancients. At 25, baal run till 40. Then get as quickly as you can to nm baal, do several runs, and bring it all the way to 75.

Also, I was reading a guide on a lvl 1 in hell...I dont think this is possible with the ancients lvl reqs. Was the guide written for an older patch, or is this really possible?

11. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

you should be at lvl 25 at act3, if you actually play through the game. god forbid. :eek:

try the game on players8, you'll be surprised at how quick you lvl up, with the right characters.

12. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

abit off thread here but :innocent:

the act 1 in hell thingy is when u are in act 5 and still level 1..and the person who created the game is of sufficient level i.e 20 and above. to clear ancients, its possible for a level 1 character to stay in town and chit chat with malah and get the baal quest completed while the rest of the party kills baal. :lol:

13. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

bunghole - To get into ancients at a low lvl is a tricky subject. You get the "kill baal" quest before you even complete ancients. If you are in the party of the guys killing baal, and sitting in town while you kill him. You supposedly get the quest. There was a thread up about this a couple days ago, and you could probably access it quite quickly with the search button...its quite handy man.

Bunghole
    Sorry to doulbe state, that guy above me posted like 5 seconds before me.

14. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

IN ROCKY 3, ROCKY TRAINED AT THAT GYM IN THE GHETTO THAT APOLLO CREED SHOWED HIM EVEN THOUGH PAULIE DIDN'T WANT HIM TO TRAIN AT THAT GYM BECAUSE OF ALL THE GHETTO PEOPLE THERE THAT APOLLO SAID WERE HUNGRY,AND HE GOT REALLY REALLY STRONG AND BEAT UP MR. T REALLY REALLY BAD IN THE END OF ROCKY 3.

IN ROCKY 4, HE TRAINED AT THAT CRAZY HOUSE IN RUSSIA OR SOMEWHERE AND CARRIED LOGS AND CLIMBED MOUNTAINS WHILE IVAN DRAGO TRAINED IN THIS WIERD COMMUNIST GYM AND USED STEROIDS AND RAN ON A TREADMILL WITH WIRES ATTACHED TO HIM WHILE THAT HOT CHICK WATCHED HIM. IT WAS COOL WHEN ROCKY MADE HIS SPEECH AT THE END OF THE MOVIE AND ALL THE COMMUNIST GUYS STARTED CLAPPING, AND IT MADE ME CRY.

Mith

15. Sv_Lorax

Sv_Lorax IncGamers Member

I agree, take time to do the whole game and you will level up almost as fast and there is always the rare items that you can find along the way. If your not into the items then rush away. All Tal Rashas tombs is actually a good place to pick up 3-6 levels if you hit them right before killing Duriel... not a bad deal really. After finishing normal I would do Baal/Diablo/Mephisto/Cow runs for exp and items. After a couple of times of doing them all (even though I don't get that much experince I still do Andariel too, for the items) start with the next difficulty, or whenever you notice the experince isn't flowing!

16. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

Comment accepted and noted for originality...although shouting is impolite.

17. prion

prion IncGamers Member

This is true, but this method relies on a friend or nice person to rush you and level you up. Using my method, you don't get baal quest until level 45 so you can see and join whatever public games happen to be in your area. Questing through acts 3 and 4 also gets you 5 stat points, 20 vitality, 2 skill points, and Hellforge quest. And you can complete the act 5 quests at your leisure just by popping into the right game.

18. Panix

Panix IncGamers Member

Mith is my hero. :thumbsup:

19. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Lvl 1-15: act1
    Lvl 15-20: act2
    Lvl 20-24: normal cows
    Lvl 24: ancients normal
    Lvl 25-(42-45) normal baal
    Lvl 42-50: nightmare rushing etc, any place is fine
    Lvl 50: nightmare ancients