Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where my werewolf at?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by barren, Nov 14, 2006.

1. barren

barren IncGamers Member

Where my werewolf at?

Looking over my druid characters today I noticed something odd. My werebear was there, so was my windy, along with fury/rabies hybrid and incomplete firepaws but my first sp druid, my straight up fury WW is missing!

Queue dramatic music...

Normally most people would panic, but with over 30 pats/mats and half as many incomplete characters it's expected to lose a few over the years :grin: To remedy the situation my task is clear, time to make a new fury WW, it's about time my various zealots got some competition.

I've ready countless WW guides, but they're all the same, pvp oriented and the gear recommended is doable if you happen to have an endless supply of duped runes. What I'm looking for is some practical advice or whacky ideas for a fury WW. I was thinking of making my new ww a quick 1 hander/shield user who instead of focusing on big damage, uses on hit cast mods, crushing blow, bleed, and freeze effects. I'll skimp on shapeshifting tree and only max fury, leaving tons of points for the summoning tree. It'll be like playing in a pack of wolves, instead of being a human summoner in the back ground I'll be right in the middle of the wolf pack dishing out melee pain too.

The thing I'm sure of is that I don't want a poison hybrid (no rabies!) even though it'd work out great with this kind of druid and give me a good solution to PI's. Since I'll have lots of little minions to take hits is spirit of barbs worth it at all? What about carrion vine?

I'm not sure about gear, right now stormlash sounds ideal, although a shael'd phase blade or azurewrath also sounds interesting.

Comments? Ideas? Suggestions? I'm all ears since I've never specialized in summoning skills before and I'm not sure how they interact with a shapeshifter.

2. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

3. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

I need to learn the search engine thing better I had looked and came up with almost the same concept:)

4. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

In this case it helped a great deal that I knew the build was called "Pack Leader." Otherwise, searching would have been a whole lot harder. :grin:

5. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

I have one waiting to enter hell, but there I want to see how far I can get putting only points into the shapeshifting tree. The wait is for a very good armour, in particular a superior sacred armour which I can then socket and make stone in for massive defense. Fortitude would be another option if I ever find a lo, but that lo might get used for grief instead. My build is of course completely different then what you'll attempt, since I'm focused on high strength for high defense armours (the current one is Steel Carapace)

6. sablast

sablast IncGamers Member

Since werewolf hasn't got any defence boosting skill, there is no point in high defence armor, defence will still be low. Maximum defence you can get without sacrificing too much is about 8k but it needs fortitudes chilling armor (with upped jalals, steelrends, upped gore riders, verdungo, stormshield). It would be higher if fortitude is made in sacred armor, but even that (maybe 10k defence) is not much compared to defence some other characters can get (it needs too expencive gear, and result is average, at best)
    I would advise not to worry about defence for a werewolf, high AR, damage and leech is what fury wolf have for survival.
    Werewolfs defence can be of some importance only in particular melee duels, for rest of pvp and pvm it won't do you much good.

7. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

If you have a few plus skills, you could go medium on the summon tree and medium on the elemental. Armegeddon/FC WW with lots of wolves sounds fun.

SoBs (er, Spirit of Barbs...) always sucks. Thorns has some use for some builds but this spirit just sucks. Maxing it makes it marginally better than a level 1 IM.

I like 1 point in the vines. Dire Wolves aren't that great at corpse removal, and they do a fairly good job of feeding you. They will die, but if you don't mind that, you will like the benefits.