Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where is.....

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by baldbrad, Mar 20, 2005.

1. baldbrad

baldbrad IncGamers Member

where is.....

Where is the Lost city located?Im llooking for the last piece of the Horadic staff.

Im in the far oasis,said i need to locate the lost city.

Is that the city ruins in the lower corner of the map?If so im there and i find no portal or a way out of there.

Also the screen has never gone black to start the tanited sun quest.

Need some help been trying to find the way in for an hour :confused:

2. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

The Lost City is a seperate area accessible the same way as all the other desert areas; by a small passage between the border rocks.

The Tainted Sun quest will start a few seconds after entering the Lost City.

In order to solve the Tainted Sun you will actually need to find yet another outdoor area, the Valley of Snakes.

3. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

there should be an exit from the far oasis somewhere, that exit leads to the lost city....
    Try walking all around the edges of the far oasis and you should come across an entry to the lost city somewhere

edit: too late :p

4. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

BTW, if you find a trapdoor leading down to an area called the Ancient Tunnels that area is not involved in any quests and can be skipped (it is good for MF'ing in Hell though).

5. baldbrad

baldbrad IncGamers Member

Thanks all.il go see if i can find it.

6. corax

corax IncGamers Member

beware though. ive had a map spawn a few times with no walkway to lost city. so if there isnt one then you'll have to reroll your map

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

*puts on upper class staereotype voice and pretends to be a explorer*
    Gosh mr balbrad, according to this ancient map i found, the lost city should be over that hill. in it we will find treasures and wonderful things, and we'll be famous throughout the empire! Blimey!
    Anyway, its the lazst of the large desert areas, beyond the far oasis. The temple of the vipers can be found just off it in the mini area 'valley of the snakes' which doesnt have any snakes in for some reason. The lost city itself has the ancient tunnels dungeon located in it.
    If there is no above ground exit from the far oasis, then youve got a bad map seed. The easiest way to change your map is to either change difficulty with that character, or if you cant do that yet, connect to bnet or a IP/TCP game, then load the character up in SP again, and the maps will have refreshed, so just make sure youve got the far oasis WP and move on from there.

8. Mordalles

Mordalles IncGamers Member

dont worry if ye cant find it, its suppose to be "lost". wouldnt be any point in calling it lost if it aint lost. and if ye do stumble upon it, it was mere chance i tell you, and good luck in finding youre way back, since you are lost.

9. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Would you stick around if there was a fire tower set right in the middle of your street shooting flaming balls at everything that moves?

''Mil & Sam''

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

You have a point, i get annoyed by that thing in just the 5 seconds that i spend in the area every difficulty. i dont think i could live near one myself.