Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where is Tyrael??

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by LeorictheDark, May 3, 2005.

1. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

Where is Tyrael??

I want to know if this has ever happened to anyone and what I should do about it?

I'm making an IK Barb and I'm in normal Act 2. I kill Duriel but when I go to talk to Tyrael he's not there. So I restart and check my quest log. All quests are completed except for the last one which says "Explore Tal Rasha's Tomb". I go kill Duriel again. Again no Tyrael. What should I do? I've even contemplated *shudder* a character editor *shudder again* to complete the quest. I'm sad and that sucks. :(

help?

2. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Just change your map. You'll have to find your way back to the Tomb again, though.

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Maybe he's playing hide and seek, or at a secret meeting with diablo to discuss his pension deal he's getting for turning evil.
    on topic: right after you kill duriel, try TP'ing back to town and talking to the usual people as if you had completed your quest. IIRc its a known bug that sometimes tyrael doesnt show up, so rather than fix it, bliz made duriel drop a TP scroll every time.
    If you still cannot get to act 3, i suggest forhead to wall, unless you like durle runs, in which case think of it as a blessing in disguise.

4. corax

corax IncGamers Member

he's at the hair salon. he'll be with you shortly.

to start with i'd try just chatting to the townsfolk to try and get to act 3. all tyreal does really is give you a TP.
    if taht doesnt work id reroll my map

5. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

yeah, go with the reroll. Since it's in normal you'll have to join a mp game to fix that.

I thought the tp scroll was a remnant from a previous patch

6. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

Thanks. Searching tombs sucks. :( Oh well, its better than an editor.

7. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

actually, the reason for the TP drop is if you kill Duriel after already completing the quest so Tyreal isn't there to make you a portal. If you have no TP scrolls of your own, you'd be stuck there.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

That may be true, but i have heard from people who know stuff about everything that the bug that sometimes stops tyrael from saying hi was 'fixed' by blizz by forcing him to drop a TP scroll. Although your one makes sense, ive alweays been told that the big bug had a annoying bug that hasn't really ever been fixed.