Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where is the pit

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Jeredien, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Jeredien

Jeredien IncGamers Member

where is the pit

like the title says where is the pit located at. i keep hearing about it how its a good area to mf but i just usually ran meph and pindle. i want to try the pit though but dont know where it is at any help would be appreciated.

2. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Tamoe Highlands cave sub area

Take Outer Cloister WP, go back into Tamoe Highlands, follow the path. If you exit the area to Black marsh, go back and take the other fork in the path. One of them leads directly to The Pit.

Pindle is good and all but The Pit is an area filled with Pindles. Every single monster in there can drop the best items in the game. It does take patience, don't expect to score on your first run through, or even your first 30 runs.

3. Jeredien

should i go with max mf or stay with mhy 308 mf because it gives a better balance to find uniquest that way. i can get 600mf its just sitting in vault let me know.

4. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

For Pit running you need a good balance of Power and MF. Once you attain 350% mf, put more emphasis on Power. If you can squeeze more MF while retaining good +skills and such, do it up. Personally I have 409% MF and +13 Lightning Skills, +6 Cold. It works pretty good.

5. Jeredien

are there alot of cold immunes down there? i have a ton of cold charms and stuff so power is there always. i just needed to know a good mf, ill equip 400 today and see how it goes.

6. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Well, my rough estimates

50% Cold Immune
    35% Fire Immune
    15% Lightning Immune

Now these vary from game to game but it's a pretty good estimate.

7. Jeredien

ill probably just have my friend run with me then hes pure fire im mostly cold and a little lighting so we should be able to do the entire pit well proabably end up doing meph/pit/pindle runs all today now.

8. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

You might find this comprehensive guide handy for the Pit. Look below the main posts for a short post by me for getting to it faster.

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=126662

I also have a posting running that list the results from doing Pindle/Eldritch/Shenk/Pit. It's a little out of date but I'll repost it in full once I finish recording 100 runs.

The pit is not a place for great MF'ing if you're looking to get lots of unique items. What makes the Pit attractive is that anything can drop there from the boss packs, just like in Worldstone Keep level 2 & below and a handful of other areas (read the guide). The Pit's denizens have lower hitpoints and there are no casters there, making it easier to deal with and that makes it as popular as it is I think.

The Pit takes some time to clear and on some runs you may not find so much as a rare. With my meager 200MF I see a unique every third Pit run with one other player in the game. Out of almost 100 runs there, I've only found about four things worth keeping around, none of them really uber. You won't see so many rares drop like from doing the Pindle/Eldritch/Shenk superuniques, but you should see a lacquered plate or sacred armor drop at least once every 15-25 runs and that is one reason why it excites a lot of people. I've yet to see one with a quality above magical though. If you are looking for lots of uniques, just keep doing Meph because he'll drop you more uniques on average than you'll likely find on a Pit run. Pit runs are for the patient folks looking for the rarest items.