Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where is best to mf?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by psyadam, Mar 23, 2004.

?

Who will make the World Series this year?

1. Yankees

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cardinals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rangers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Dodgers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Athletics

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Red Sox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Giants

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. White Sox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Phillies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other [post who]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

where is best to mf?

where is best to mf?

edit: I picked andy, because she's so hot

2. Leto`

Leto` IncGamers Member

I chose Meph cause he drops most and with most chance in my opinion. With my hammerdin (I know sorc forum here :p ) I do more Eldritch-Shenk-Travincal runs, go very fast and also nice for xp.

3. fatmantan

fatmantan IncGamers Member

Since its a sorcy forum, i chose meph, my blizz hurts him bad in 2 casts

but for general, my ahmmer does, eld, shenk, pits..... meph too far to get to without enigma....and im too cheap to repair my naj staff :uhhuh:

4. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

Pit!

Sooner or later you just get tired of the same old boring meph fodder, and learn to appreciate the pit. It takes much more patience, but the rewards are worth the effort.

Mith

5. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

baal all the way, he has best odds for everything, though it is hard to do it with a sorc but i have a few friends with sorc and we as a party put the sorc pwnage on him, we dont do the runs often but when we do it fun and we always find something

6. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

Andy if you are not very strong or in need of SOJ...
    Meph if you want to quickly find some midgrade items...
    Pit if you get bored of running one boss...and for socketable items
    Pindle for HIGH END items (WF, GF, Valor)

Overall, I would choose Meph because of the speed at which you can kill. This nets greater earnings as far as Magic Items are concerned, and it equates to more trading power for high end gear.

7. Wayfarer

Wayfarer IncGamers Member

Yeah but Blizz has nerfed Meph in 1.10...or am I wrong? They nerfed all the major monsters/bosses that people used to MF on, or so I have heard. I'd vote for the pit and probably Baal, although IMO the pit is much easier to do. Pindle too, although I think Blizz nerfed his drops too in 1.10. I'll have to ask.

8. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

I have a little sightseeing tour through act 1 - 3 that my FO/CL sorc enjoys very much:
    She first visits her old friend The Countess, then she rids the ancient tunnels of those stinking dead people followed by a classical meph run.
    That way she gets runes, gets rich (the countess often drops 50.000+), has the chance on all the items in the game, and meph alway drops something golden (keeps her in a good mood).

-AnQ

9. Canoe

Canoe IncGamers Member

My Favorite is the pits... just because such a variety of items can drop... runes, facets, charms, socketables, super uniques and high end sets, and i just find it fun :)

I have a similar set up too Anthraq with my CL/FO sorc :) Except I start with countess (i'm a cubing freak, and she does drop 1/2 way decent runes sometimes up to lum or so), then pits, then meph, then i high shenk and eldritch real quick because it takes all of 15 seconds to do them both. Then if I still haven't found anything to mule off, i hit andy, and if i'm overloaded with Full Juvs i'll go do Baal for fun (never drops anything for me of value but i still like running him). Then i finish off with some gambling as usually by then i have 500K gold or so (at least, and that's without running to town when stuff drops).

Unfortunately I was a dope (was my first time playing d2 in 2 years) and hit the halls of pain WP, so pindle really isn't an option. The few times i've tried to "back door" into him from the halls his boss pack charges and kills me before my merc can get out in front.

10. SureWin4

SureWin4 IncGamers Member

pindle.... Crown of Ages.. and Giant Skull .. yes i found.. need i say more?

11. plasteredkittylizard

plasteredkittylizard IncGamers Member

I'm a fan of nm Andy, personally. Great drops, if you know what youre doing, hehe.....

12. Aegon

Aegon IncGamers Member

Yes, but is there a reliable way to get to her quickly? I'm afraid to just teleport like mad, I tend to die quickly or never find the stairs.

13. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

Although I have never found an soj or a bk ring from Andy, I've heard that other people have, and I often see her drop a unique ring or amulet, so that's what keeps bringing me back. ~Adam P.S. The rumered "talk to Kasha" thing is bs

14. th5418

th5418 Banned

Mephisto. But ancient tunnels when im bored. (Blizz sorc)

15. billyphil

billyphil IncGamers Member

A few 1.10 Mf'ing questions

-Where exactly is the pit? Can items like tals armor drop here (is there a super unique monster that I should be looking for when I go or just slaughter mass monsters hoping good things drop?)

-Where are the ancient tunnels (a2 lost city perhaps)? Is there a super unique boss here? Can tals armor drop here?

-Where is the best place to go to find high value runes (ist, vex, ohm, zod etc) other than the hellforge quest. Does mf % affect how often runes are dropped?

-Is there an updated to 1.10 unique drop guide from bosses (that tells what items each of the most popular super unique bosses can drop or more importantly can't drop. I've seen a 1.09 version of this chart but that doesn't help me much anymore)

16. Aegon

Aegon IncGamers Member

Well...the Pit is in Act 1 in the Tamoe Highlands, take the Outer Cloister WP, walk outside, and just follow the road. Yes, I believe ant item in the game can drop here (I'm waiting for Tal's Armor myself :lol: )

The Ancient Tunnels are in the Lost City, yes. But no super-uniques live here

Dunno about runes, but I don't think your MF % affects them at all. Today I found a Vex in the Pit (higest I've ever found), so I say it's pretty good there.

17. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

- Hellforge can drop up to Gul

- Runes can be found throughout the game. There are no real set places to go for rune hunting, but when you do the highest levels you ALSO have a nice chance to find some nice Uniques.

18. red_devil

red_devil IncGamers Member

ok guys.. one newb question..

im in act IV of nm.. i occasionally do andy NM runs and meph/travincal nm runs.. is it worth doing few pit runs in NM or pit runs are effective only in hell.. :scratch: