Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where in 1.09 should I try to find

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Pegleg, May 23, 2008.

1. Pegleg

Pegleg IncGamers Member

Where in 1.09 should I try to find

Ist Runes? I want to make a 4 isted monarch. I was wondering where I need to do some runs at?

2. Colorless Green

Colorless Green IncGamers Member

Re: Where in 1.09 should I try to find

P1 countess.

-CG

3. bladejj

bladejj IncGamers Member

I would say the best way to acquire them is through hellforge runs. Between finding them and cubing them you should get yourself some in no time. Everything else (countess for example) would be too inconsistent.

4. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

I think the forge drops up to um in 1.09? Or is that only in 1.07? And does the countess already have her special runedrop in 1.09?

5. Colorless Green

I believe the countess' special rune drop exists in 1.09 (though no guarantees about how high it goes), HF drops craptacularly in 1.09 (don't remember where it cuts off though) which is why I didn't suggest that.

6. lionheartthebrave

lionheartthebrave IncGamers Member

I think in 1.09 the countess's special rune drop went up to Vex iirc, but the HF is capped at Um

7. Colorless Green

She's able to drop runes through a non-special rune drop up to Vex. I didn't actually see anything in TreasureClassEx regarding her special rune drop, though. That doesn't mean there isn't one, but if there is in 1.09 it's just somewhere else.

edit: She does have a pretty solid chance of dropping runes, though (~25% per drop - that's *any* rune, not a vex), as compared to a roughly 0.3% chance from an A5 superunique. It might be more profitable to run her on p8 if I'm reading this right.

edit2: When runes *do* drop, it looks like about an 0.017% chance of a vex. Again, if I'm reading this right.

edit3: All that crap aside, according to atma there's a 1:2864 chance of getting an Ist, so unless you want to do 12k runs, I recommend making a rhyme and calling it good.

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  8. Pegleg

Pegleg IncGamers Member

Okay, I have done a few runs and she is LE everytime...My poor sorcy. Anyone have any suggestions on how to absorb that?

9. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

COWS!!!! They die in 0.1 second to literally any character and there are tons of them just waiting to drop you runes! Plus they can definately drop ist (and higher, wouldn't that be a shame:tongue:).

10. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

What skoolbus said. Make an amazon, max Lightning Fury, Valkyrie, and put enough in Pierce to get 100+% chance (Razortail helps here). Then run cows non-stop on as high a /playersx (well, just 'playersx' in v1.09) as you can handle. Grab some nice +mana gear (Frostburn, SoJ) and a pair of Silkweave boots to make up for your lack of mana leech, and you should do fine.

The dense cow clustering means LF will be uber-powerful, and the sheer number of drops means you're bound to get some nice stuff with a bit of time. The fact that the Cow King is always LI is a nice touch, since you can't accidentally kill him with LF, and it's highly unlikely your Valk will be taking him down. As far as your merc goes, you can pretty much pass on one. None have anything particularly useful to offer you. A Holy Freeze merc might be somewhat useful, but this is probably outweighed by the fact he'll muck up your cow herding. I only suggest Valkyrie because it makes an awfully nice tank, and you can pick where to place it. Decoy could work too, but it's not as durable pre-v1.07, and the Valk is very helpful during questing through to Hell Cows. Still, it's not like you'll be short of skill points, so do whatever you like.

11. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Don't forget! - You can't cube the ist runes from mal runes. You actually have to find them. Cubing runes ends at.. thul(?), maybe amn. I don't remember exactly but it's somewhere around that.
    I'll second that.

12. wakiki

wakiki IncGamers Member

I'll third making the Rhyme. A 4-Ist Monarch is hilariously wasteful, the sort of thing you see from a noobish eBayer on Bnet. By the time the cows drop four Ists you will have found every item in the game anyway, making the shield worthless.