Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where does everyone get their MF gear?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TraxisX, Feb 12, 2004.

1. TraxisX

TraxisX IncGamers Member

Where does everyone get their MF gear?

This may seem like a rather stupid question, but I've been wondering for a while. I want to start a Meteorb sorc for MFing, but I am worried about actually finding MF gear. I see all these people's posts with the chars having upwards of 400 MF, yet I haven't found ANY decent MF gear at all. Just the occasional 5-15% on some crappy ring or ammy. Anyway, I was just wondering how people got their 'start' MFing, and what a good plan would be to go about finding decent MF gear.

2. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

1) Gambling for belts/boots/gloves works wonders. They are cheap!

2) Socketing your armor/helm with Topaz works too.

3) Remember, even 15% is worth wearing.

4) Get out there and run those bosses!

3. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

Yup, I gambled alot of my stuff. Like one ring +24MF, +33MF Amulet, +34MF boots, +17MF gloves. But I found a few uniques that I like to use instead. Chance Guard chain gloves and a Nagle Ring.

4. BeornWolf

BeornWolf IncGamers Member

IMO, the best mf gear to start off with are a 3 socket helm and a four socket armor, filled all with perfect topazes. The helm will grant you 72%MF, and the armor with give you a further 96%.

Hope it helps.

5. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Boots/Belts/Gloves can also be bought. At high enough level in a suitable shop it's just a matter of reloading the stock and eventually you'll find something with 30+% mf on it. Of course rares can offer better mods, but gambling takes luck and cash...shopping for magic ones in a shop just takes time. With some mf gear on you can start running bosses, Nightmare a good difficulty to start in (Mephisto and Baal are good starters). This should get you some better gear, either mf gear or things you can trade (check the trade thread and FAQ for more details). From there it's just a small step to hell Pit running or the likes =)

6. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Try and get a gull dagger they're fairly easy to get and 100% MF is the most on any single weapon (Unsocketed). Thats what I started out with along with some crappy 15 to 20 % ring + ammy and boots, chancies and some PTopaz armor and helm. With that stuff I now have gotten up to about 550% MF with almost all the best MF gear a sorc can have.

So the moral of the story here is start out small, and you'll go a long way. :thumbsup:

7. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

as others have said, begin with PTopaz armor and helm, along with whatever you can find/buy/gamble in the other equipment slots, then do runs on whichever boss* you can kill the most quickly and safely. that way you can work your way towards those UBER 733t ITAMZ everyone else wears. :)

* depending on your char and how far you have progressed through the game, NM or Hell Meph is probably the single best place to find good MF gear. he's easy to run, fast, and in hell he can drop most any item your little heart desires. NM baal is also a good option.