Where does diablo go from here

maxusmag

Diabloii.Net Member
Where does diablo go from here

Well all I have been playing Diablo2 for a while now.

And as I look back at it from a history stand point I see a few interesting things.

When Diablo II came out the really big online RPG at the time was everquest (blah)

in any event blizzard made the commitment not to charge for playing the game. In which it sold millions of copies. As MMORG's become more popular more companies are charging to play. This has its good sides and down sides. WOW is the biggest MMORG on the market today. Everquest can't keep up, DND isn't so hot, Star wars failed miserably. However one little progam is keeping pace and it is free. Guildwars. They are doing the same thing that blizzard did when d2 came out.

I think blizzard still has some sort of responsibility to ensure that the d2 world still is maintained. I know their income on the game is gone however its not like WOW where the admins have to constantly add quests and things in the game.

SO here it is.

if D3 comes out (ever) do you think it will be a pay to play and compete with WOW?

If it is will you stop playing it and switch to guildwars which is free and they seem to be doing just fine. they have released 2 expansions now for the game before GW2 i figure. diablo has only 1 expansion. blizzard could continue revenue off of d2 if they came out with more expansions.

just my feelings.

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
If D3 comes out and (a) has no single-player option, and (b) costs money to play online, I will continue to play D2 :)

Fluffballer

Diabloii.Net Member
If D3 comes out and (a) has no single-player option, and (b) costs money to play online, I will continue to play D2 :)
I think this is one of many reasons why we won't see D3 for another 7 years or so. Plus everyone is playing Starcraft 2 these days.

FistOfFury

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure I would even want to play D2 after D3 comes out. D3, if it ever comes out = the death of D2. Blizz would probably stop doing ladder resets and patches, and then everything gets duped and hacked to Hell (pardon the pun). Okay, hopefully I'm just being pessimistic. I hope there will one day be a Diablo mmorpg like WoW, like World of Diablo or Dungeon of Diablo, or whatever they gonna call it, just so that I wouldn't have to hear about damn Warcraft everytime I go to the blizz site, get an email from them, or see their advertisements, etc. lol...

unslayer

Diabloii.Net Member
in order to compete with gw, i think they will stay with the current model.
i'll never pay a tax to play :p

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say I'd never pay to play, but then again once I get out of Uni and get a job I'll finally have disposable income so who knows? It would annoy me however.