Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where does death's web drop, can you get the best stuff in pit? de

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ohmn, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Ohmn

Ohmn IncGamers Member

Where does death's web drop, can you get the best stuff in pit?

Just a few mf questions. I can do pindle and eldritch very fast. But pindle even with +300% mf has dropped squat in I dont know how many runs. I have done hudreds :p I heard he can drop anything but I have had better luck getting better stuff in the pit. The pit takes a lot longer to get to and to clear. I also dont know if IK armour and the like can drop in the pit or even a death's web.

Can death's web drop from meph in hell, not that I can get to him but a mf sorceress could :)

2. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

not sure if meph can drop it but the smart money's on no. id say TO THE PIT!!!!! every once in a while i get something real good outta that place. pit uniques can drop ANYTHING

3. Anthraquinone

Anthraquinone IncGamers Member

Death's Web is TC weap87 and can't be dropped by Meph.

-AnQ

4. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

My friend was botting and death's web dropped off pindle, but the bot didn't pick it up. Karma.

5. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Just do pits. The wand is one of the rarest uniques in the game.

6. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Mine dropped 1 screen from the waypoint in the Worldstone Keep level 2... Was I a happy chappy :clap: or not ? You bet I was :lol:

7. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

In reading the pit guide posted on the strategy compendium, it makes me wonder why the pit takes so long to get to....that is, if you take the waypoint to the OUTER CLOISTER and go down the path to the pit...I am confused. The pit guide indicates that this is one of the highest lvl areas in the game and that the act 5 "pits" are not actually part of the PITS to be run. What the problem is?

8. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

After reading many pit run result compilations, and doing some tests of my own, maybe i can offer some insight.
    The only possible problem with finding the pit is if the path branches before you find it, then you have a 50% chance of going the right way. Worst case scenerio, you turn around and take the other fork.
    The great thing about the pit is that there are tons of things to kill, an average of 5-6 boss packs, and the chest in the second lvl (over-rated in my opinion). And don't forget that anything could drop there.
    The bad thing is that you can do 15-20 runs in a row, and get nothing better than a low lvl set (gotten many isenhart's pieces there) or maybe a low lvl unique (pulled out many of those crappy bows).
    However, nothing beats the feeling of watching a homonculus, or wf dropping on that 21st run. The fact that it's possible entices people, but it still takes time and patience to be rewarded.

Also as a side note, I went from lvl 81-84 mfing in the pit.

~Bails :thumbsup:

9. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

Well I got my death's web in a drop off of pindle.... Now I traded it off for a Homoculus and Necrochild has my Death's web.

I always run pindle... He's easy and fast... even if he does drop crap most of the time.... Got my trang belt from him too.

10. probo24

probo24 IncGamers Member

Yes IK armor can drop in the pit (go go 72%mf :lol: )

11. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

so can 3

go go 504% mf

12. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

13. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

Actually, they have a 0.5% chance to drop something from the group weap87, this includes Mythical Sword,Colossus Blade,Legend Spike,Berserker Axe,Glorious Axe,Thunder Maul,Caduceus,Archon Staff,Unearthed Wand,Giant Thresher,War Pike,Hydra Bow,Winged Harpoon,Scissors Suwayyah, and Dimensional Shard.

So, you have a 0.5% to roll one of those, then you roll to see Which one of these it is. Then you roll for the item type. Do you really want to do the math? It would make you sad. You basically have the same chances to get a grandfather or a windforce.
    But there is a conclusion from what you posted: Baalrun has good chances! (convincing?!)

You did WHAT????!!!!! Damn, i wish i bump into guys like you in trades...

14. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Congrats Peacrusher :drink:

It's always nice to know that there are other people that are not overly greedy when it comes to some of the rarer items. Too many people would want to be selfish when it comes down to dealing anyway.

I just need to find 2 more myself, so I can hook up Beat with one.

HoS

15. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I would have given you every homun on my account :(

16. ferretgod

ferretgod IncGamers Member

It is not 50 %, it 90 % off to the right path (if you back to the outter) or to the north (just by looking at the screen. I have never spent more that 2 min looking for it.

P.S. pits can drop anything. Just got spider web there last night.

17. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I am very grateful to peacrusher for that deaths web. It's not a bad one either, -47% poison resistances.

:worship: All bow down to mighty peacrusher, second in the necro skies only to SAM.

18. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Actually, you look for the first path that tees off the main path from the Monastery gate. This works 99.9% of the time. There are a few designs that can disguise which way it tees off. When in doubt, take the narrower of your two choices and/or take the path that leads towards the top of the screen.

Unfortunately, the forum crash erased my detailed Pit-finding guide that was originallyt tacked on to the main guide. There were a few extra pointers that I don't care to detail here.