Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where do you mf. what char do you use

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by kneelowangeloh, Mar 24, 2005.

1. kneelowangeloh

kneelowangeloh IncGamers Member

where do you mf. what char do you use

i recently just got boned you could say and now have no items nor characters. what im asking is that you could post where you get you better items from, and with what chars your doing it. ive heard hell andy meph and baal, cows, the pits, and the hell counciel. could some please help

2. cheesypotatoes

cheesypotatoes IncGamers Member

I do hell cows with a hammerdine for p gems and skill gcs, and socketables. Thats mostley where i get all my items from.

3. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

I run most of the traditional places with my meteorb sorc. Countess, pits, andy, the cellar found in the lost city act 2 (blanking on its name, sorry), travincal, meph, hephisto, pindle, eldrich, shenk, and baal. Not all in the same game, usually, unless I have alot of time on my hands. I try to mix it up and to 2-3 of these in runs of 20-25, then switch up to a different set so as not to get too bored. It nets me some decent items fairly often, in the past two days I've picked up 4 lidless', a druid ss skiller, a barb combat skiller, a 7% mfsc with 9 lightning resist, 3 dual leech rings (2 were results of gambling with gold found on these runs, but still counts i think), and a few other odds n ends. Running nm andy and meph can net some pretty good items as well, until you can handle hell runs. Best of luck to you.

~Bails

4. ReZon

ReZon IncGamers Member

Well my crappy MFer (with okay 250 MF gear) does NM Pindleskin, Eldritch, Shenk and Andy (and Meph sometimes). I find decent stuff, but I'm currently making a Summoner Necro to take over the chore and hopefully be capable of some Hell running.

Good luck!

ReZon

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I run Pindle and Baal...but the best place to get items is probably Hell Mephisto, since he is easy to reach, easy to kill and can still drop some very nice items.

6. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

I run ancient tunnels at 400% magic find and p8(i play single player) or I run meph at 500% mf and p3.

7. Monez

Monez IncGamers Member

I would highly recommend starting out with a Blizzard sorc. Not only will they obliterate NM Meph until you're good enough for hell, but even without great items you'll be able to kill hell Meph easily using the Moat Trick.

8. bloog

bloog IncGamers Member

I also recommend a blizzard sorc for MF. Ancient Tunnels on hell is lvl area 85 and spawns no cold immunes save an occasional boss. Cram her with ptopaz and there you go.

Instead of maxing all blizzard's synergies you can have max fire wall + 1 point in fire mastery. I think this is a better all round setup; blizzard's damage is massive anyway (instagib).

9. Rabil

Rabil IncGamers Member

I usally mf at meph, ocassinally at the pits.

10. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

I mf with a summon/bone hybrid necro and i even wrote my 1st guide a few hours ago to share my experiences too :p You could get up to 425%mf with really cheap stuff, have no immunity problems since you are dealing physical (merc/golem/skellies)and magical (spirit/spear) and some peeps have said that raising skellies means its too time consuming. Consider that i start just with my merc and iron golem when i open a game and go straight to pindle and raise my army at the garden and proceed with pindle as my 1st mf run in the game i dun waste any time at all! I go thorough in a game and hardly ever get bored with this necro and run hell baal, pindle, shenk,eldritch, threshsocket, memp, travincaal, andy, the pit, mausaleom and its the most fun mf char i ever had :p This could work with really cheap stuff but for optimal results there are just 2 items that you ought to have :D He never dies anywhere, i could open chests, check out armor/weapon stands or smoke while my minions are engaging bosses/superuniques and with this massive run tactic in a game i almost guarantee that by the end of the game your stash would have at least 1-2 uniq/rare/magical items of high value :p Read my guide (The Bony Magicfinder v1.10) if you wanna know more and cheers!

p.s I started untwinked but really studied 1.10 runewords/items before making this mf necro and thats all it took - no uber stuff and most of my gear costed me pgems or at most a lem :D