Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where do you level and MF in 1.13?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by JKS, Aug 13, 2010.

1. JKS

JKS Diabloii.Net Member

Where do you level and MF in 1.13?

I have always been a player who tried to combine MF and leveling. When I do MF if I do not get enough experience in a given MF zone, I would move the character to a MF zone with more experience (this was neither best for MF, nor for leveling, but was a compromise to get both).

However one of the main reasons I gave up in 1.10 was that doing Baal runs were completely not MF productive (compared to Pindle) and they were the only ones worthy of experience.

Now with IM in CS gone, I am considering to clear CS for both experience and MF. Do you think it is a reasonable strategy? Is experience significantly less than Baal runs? Can I get there at least to clvl97?

Also how long can I stay in the pit before moving on to CS? I was thinking clvl92, but what would you suggest?

2. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Where do you level and MF in 1.13?

I've got up to 92 doing pretty much just CS runs, going a little slower now due to the xp penalty but I can imagine getting up to 95 relatively painlessly in CS.
    The was an xp / area chart somewhere but my link died when the forum changed and I've been unable to relocate it. Maybe some kind soul has a working link.

3. CombatChristian

CombatChristian Diabloii.Net Member

I'm doing Countess, Pit, Andy, Ancient Tunnels, Travincal, Mephisto, CS, Shenk, Eldritch, Pindle and Baal on my 83 MA assassin. It's not the fastest runner (don't use Enigma either), but takes most things down. Only thing to worry about is dolls in Durance and Throne of Destruction since I play HC.

What character do you use? It seems like some places are extremely conducive to using AoE characters, i.e. Javazons.

4. JKS

JKS Diabloii.Net Member

At the moment I have barb (ww), sorc (meteorb) and paladin (zeal), all at early 90. (Javazon and Skelliemancer will follow soon).
    The experience from the pit doesn't look like much any more, I might get to clvl91 or 92, and OTOH I would like to avoid Baal runs. But If Baal is much more rewarding in terms of experience over Diablo, I will go for Baal.

5. juju

juju Diabloii.Net Member

I have played with my hammerdin in this ladder only chaosruns and sometimes travi and im now 95 (need 1/3exp for 96) i havent even done ancients/baal quest :) Good drops and exp and alot of fun :D

6. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai Diabloii.Net Member

Considering how much xp is required between 90 and 99 (most of it being between 98-99) I wouldn't worry too much about xp.

The biggest difference between pits and chaos is baal at the end, as they're both level 85 areas. Another notable difference is the monster concentration.

The only significant xp difference is Baal being level 99. The biggest drawback is that his uniques in the waves drop like champions instead of the usual unique, and as time consuming as that is, add on top of that is he's a low chance for TC87.

The nice thing about chaos is that if you really want, you can just kill the seal bosses, ignoring everything else to get a quick D spawn.