Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

where do you find the ideal wands for white?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by sequoia, Jun 9, 2005.

1. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

where do you find the ideal wands for white?

specifically, i want one that is +3 to bone spear, i'm not going to be satisfied with any less! :D

so where and with who would you shop? it seems if you go higher in difficulty you only get magical, so where do you shop for this kind of thing?

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

I need one of these as well, and it appears normal/Drogman is the place to go: he still has white wands, and he can produce +bonespear.

You'll need a bone wand --- yew only gets one socket, and grim I think he doesn't have.

3. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

for a bonemancer would you recommend white or boneshade? just wondering

4. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I found a few from nm cows that have been worthy of being made into a white...and gave them to clan members since I'm not making a bone guy as of yet.

HoS

5. Myrakh-2

White has more +bonespear, and the +4 skeleton mastery is probably not a bad thing for any serious player since it helps the department of defense.

Boneshade has a bit more FCR, but if I look at the plan for my future bonemancer, I get 80% FCR with White (Vipermagi, Trang gloves, Arachnid, White) --- and Boneshade isn't putting me at 125.

The other mods on White are minor --- +13 mana isn't going to make a different, +10 vitality is nice but nothing to bloat about, and "hit causes monster to flee" isn't going to save you. Still, Boneshade has nothing in the secondary department...

So, I'll use White. Probably cheaper as well.

6. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

bspear, bspirit, decrep, and barmor

7. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

what would be the best wand possible?
    could i get +3 bone spear and +3 bone armor?

8. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

update: i was shopping drog for around 30 minutes when i foudn a +2 bone spear +3 bone armor and i settled on it and bought it

i didnt feel right putting DolIo into it yet so i waited, and later on in the day after 40 minutes of shopping, i found it!

a +3 bone spear wand, which larzuk gave me two sockets for :clap:

9. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

+3 Bone spear wands arent that uncommon are they?

I normally find one every 5 hell cow runs or so (as i'm picking up looking for my +3 poison nova, +3 LR and +3 Summon skeleton wand, atm stuck on +3 LR and +3 Poison Nova :()

A plain +3 BS white will do imo, But you can also get much better ones, +3 BSpear, +3 BSpirit and +3BA would be godly i think.

Arb

10. Joch

Joch IncGamers Member

then you guys get lucky,

- i just did one hour of shopping and i didnt find any wand, the only ones appealing were yew wands so thats no use

- i must have done hunderds or thousands of cow runs by now, checking all wands, finding nothing good.

and the best wand you can find (but the chances are against us) would be +3 bone spear + 3 teeth + 3 bone armor or so
    if a wand has 2x +3 bone spear/spirit/teeth and a curse like decrify or im it would be nice to cause u wouldnt need to skill those :)

11. Myrakh-2

Unfortunately, you can't get a wand with bonespear and decrepify from a shop.

Drogman can't give you Decrepify, and later shops won't give you non-magic items...

Best bet, IMHO (and that's what I'm planning...) is to shop Drogman for any +3 bonespear/2 socket wand, and if someone drops a better one later... Dol Io isn't exactly Highrunes :) And I see no reason why noone would buy your old White...

12. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

+3bspear wand is pretty common if u shop act 2 norm on dragnon.

but a wand with +3bspear & +3bspirit or +3barmor is rare.

the best u can get from dragnon is +3bspear, +3barmor, and +3skeleton mastery or +3teeth.

13. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Be warned. It can take you over an hour to get a silly +3 BS wand from Drognan. It took me about an hour and then on the very next trip he had another one which I gave to the first necro I met who was making a White. I wouldn't even bother hoping for other skills unless you're a masochist. As for finding that perfect wand, I pick up every single wand I see and have never seen anything even remotely close to +3 BS/+3 BSpi. I've probably picked up a couple stashes full of +3 Poison Explosion, +3 Blood Golem, +3 Weaken wands and their like, but useful skill combinations are very rare.

14. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Don't look too hard, the +3 Raise Skeleton staffmod cannot drop with a level 30 staffmod as well. So you will never find that wand. :(

15. Pherdnut

Best way to give a boost to skeletons is to host Trist runs and pick up all the heads that drop. Keep going until you find a good +3 Skeleton with some mastery and splendor it. I've got an SM/RS +3/+4 head that's better than a +3 all for summoning purposes and you'll never find a +2 all or +2 summons head with skeleton skills on it.

16. vagrantrogue

vagrantrogue IncGamers Member

i saw a +3bone spear and +3 bone prison wand for about 400K last night. too bad it's single player mode and i'm a summoner...

17. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

:lol: :lol: funny

but how do the mods on these normal items work? i understand how magics and rares work, but how do these work? i'm hearing things like no decrep with bone spirit (level 30 and level 24?), and no skel mastery with bone spirit (level 1 and level 30?)

so how exactly does this work?

18. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

oh yeah, at first i bought a +2 bonespear +something iron maiden, i thought it was pretty useful

19. Pherdnut

There are 6 tiers of skills. The ones you start with, the 6th, 12th, 18th, 24th, and 30th level ones. I forget the exact details, but I think all the skills can only be within two tiers of one another. Since the skeleton skills are tier 1 and bonespear is tier 4 you will never see them spawn on the same item. A +3BS/+3BSpirit wand would be really hard to find. +3 staff mods are pretty rare as it is. To just happen to get the right two at +3 is very hard. It's easier to find that head for splendor I was talking about because at that level there aren't as many possible tiers that skills can spawn from.

20. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

then how come somebody said that you cant get decrep and bone spirit?

(thx btw)

edit: ohh, drognan cant give decrep
    i suck at reading, sorry