Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where do u do mf?^^

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Proxyi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Proxyi

Proxyi Diabloii.Net Member

Where do u do mf?^^

Yeah, title says all:where do u do mf in d2 (also write ur places in the order of u do mf in the game)?!

2. nyreen

nyreen Banned

countess, andy, travi, meph, dia, baal :p

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj Diabloii.Net Member

My old MF run with my Meteorb sorceress went...

Eldrich -> Shenk -> Pindle -> Meph -> Arcane -> Andy -> Countess. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum.

You'll notice that's it's directly backward from Act 5 to Act 1. I don't know why I do it that way, it's just what I do.

All of these targets are quick and easy to get to and clear. I'd consider them all kinda like "boss" MF, as opposed to "area" MF.

I find that Baal takes too long, and is a bit too risky, even for a dual-element sorc. Chaos/Diablo runs take too long too, and IM destroys my Insight-Prayer merc.

I sometimes throw Travincal in there just for the hell of it, but sometimes it can be slow taking down the fire immune Council Members with FO. Too slow to make it to my regular MF list.

4. Proxyi

Proxyi Diabloii.Net Member

And what about Ancient tunnels?

btw Arcane is good mf place?

5. Eilo Rytyj

I don't like Ancient Tunnels because:

1) It's too annoying to find
    2) It's an area MF spot, and I mostly run bosses with my sorceress.
    3) There are plenty of fire immunes there.
    4) Because it's an area MF spot, it takes too long

Arcane is only good because the Summoner is at the end. The only thing you'll be doing there is frantically teleporting past all the monsters, straight to the Summoner to pop him for Hate Keys. I find plenty of Hate and Terror keys on my runs (over time), which all go to my Zealot for uber running.

Same goes with everywhere else. Teleport past everything until you get to the boss, then kill him quickly and move on. I don't kill things on the way, it wastes too much time for me. The only exception would be clearing a path throught Eldritch and Shenks minions.

6. OmegaHatred

OmegaHatred Diabloii.Net Member

re:

I MF Countess (Rune & Key), Andy, Summoner (Key), Trav Council (mainly for gold), Meph, sometimes Diablo, Nith (Key & MF), and Baal, and if I still want to mf in the same game I'll usually make a cow game and do Pits.

7. Phalmos

Phalmos Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, the Arcane Sanctuary is the 2nd best place in the game in Hell to get High Runes, according to the rune hunter guide somewhere on these forums. It's not like it's a hard run, and if you do land a HR, you won't be sorry.

8. Eilo Rytyj

I have 2 MF characters. My Sorceress is my speed-MFer. She's designed to teleport quickly (105% FCR) to a spot, kill the boss, then move on without wasting any time.

My other is a summoner necro. He's what I use for longer, slower runs, like Baal, the Pit, Cows, Travincal, Chaos (and River to Hephasto, sometimes) and any other level 85 area.

Speed is generally the key to good MFing. If you dawdle, you'll waste time better spent doing more MF runs. I've gotten to the point that I can enter the Pindle portal, kill Pindle, collect the goodies and teleport out before the Rot Walkers wake up. That's around 5 seconds I think.

9. Are

Are Diabloii.Net Member

I'm currently doing Baal runs with my MeteOrb. I did Meph runs until I had almost drained him of items he could drop, and had stupidly taken the Halls of Pain waypoint, so Baal it is.. Although Pindle can't drop two of the items I'm currently looking for (Azurewrath and Tyrael's), so it's not all bad :)

10. DiabloLikesMMA

DiabloLikesMMA Diabloii.Net Member

I start by doing countess & summoner then Meph, D & Baal. When I run Diblo, I do my best to hit the seals, kill the monsters that pop and go to the next seal. Baal takes a while but I always ask myself "what if he drops that Griffon" and I always run him.

11. Sgraffite

Sgraffite Diabloii.Net Member

How come you don't do Pindle if you're looking for a griffon? He's a lot quicker than baal.