Where do bowzons get more AR from

BFG9000

Diabloii.Net Member
Long story short, I haven't played D2 for nearly 8 years and only recently got back to play again, so I don't have a great deal of uber items.

My IK barb found a windforce in the Pits lasts night and I have a level 80 zon (my first windforce drop in my entire D2 playing experience and it drops right at the very end of the ladder season.. sigh) , so I reset her skill and equipped her with windforce

134 Str
167 Dex
Rest into Vit (maybe I should sink them into Dex instead?)

She has only 1.5k AR and a 45% chance to hit in Chaos Sanctuary.

My equipment:

Weapon: Windforce
Helmet: Valk wings
Armour: Duriel's shell
Boots: Golbin's toe
Gloves: can't remember on top of my head but it is a rare one with +2 amazon skills
Amulet: crafted with +1 amazon skill together with a bunch of + resistance
Rings: can't remember on top of my head but neither are unique rings

My IK barb has 0 hard points put into Dex and between weapon mastery, WW and IK set AR bonus, I get over 5K AR.

My bowzon at the other hand, has 167 points into Dex (hard points + initial starting points), and she has horrible AR. So do I really need to start sinking more skill points into Penetrate now? (both strafe and multi shot do not provide any AR bonus and I am reluctant to sink any skill points into elemental bow skills).

BFG9000

Diabloii.Net Member
Got to to add, back when during the version 1.09 days, I remember my old bowzon had more than only 1.5k AR... so how come my zon's AR is so horribly low now....

(although back then it wasn't entirely necessary as most of amazon bow skills do not take AR into consideration, but still...)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
A bowazon usually has plenty of skill points to spend, so I would max penetrate, as well as strafe and valk. I think that it's enough to have 10 arrows with multishot because a monster can be hit by only one MS arrow per volley and many special effects are dealt via the middle two arrows only.

By the way, the chance to hit isn't just a matter of attack and defense rating, but also of character and enemy level:

Chance To Hit = 200% * (ar / (ar + dr)) * (alvl / (alvl + dlvl))

ar = Attacker's attack rating
dr = Defender's defense rating
alvl = Attacker's level
dlvl = Defender's level

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
With Faith, AR bonuses aren't needed anyway. Faith offers ITD and (needed versus bosses) ~400% AR to a bowazon: 300% from an affix, 80-95% from fanaticism and 10-20% from +1-2 skills adding to penetrate (a pierce prereq, so there's most certainly got a skill point in penetrate).

Namtar

Diabloii.Net Member
With Faith, AR bonuses aren't needed anyway. Faith offers ITD and (needed versus bosses) ~400% AR to a bowazon: 300% from an affix, 80-95% from fanaticism and 10-20% from +1-2 skills adding to penetrate (a pierce prereq, so there's most certainly got a skill point in penetrate).
Yeah, looks about right. I was just messing around though, because the OP specified Windforce and I prefer Faith. Then again, I need the IAS from Fanaticism to compensate for the fact that I'm spamming Guided Arrow so much instead of Multiple Shot, a skill I've never liked at all. But a lot of people who are better than I am at this stuff like Multiple Shot. My opinions are probably just bad, at least on this topic.