Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where did my Diablo Clone go?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BloZ, Sep 4, 2006.

1. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

Where did my Diablo Clone go?

Ok, so today I wanted to get an Anni... I went to Op DClone to see which servers were the best to get. 58 was the highest with 33. Not that bad... So I create a game, and miraculously I land on server 58. Nice. So I wait in Act 5 while I look around the forums. Then I return ingame to see what's happening. So far, one "Stones of Jordan sold to Merchants" popped up. I went back to the channel, it said there were 115 SoJs sold! I went back ingame and waited awhile. Nothing happened. I return back to the channel. It said server 58 walked awhile ago.

I went back ingame. No message or anything. I look around Cold Plains (I didn't go there in that game), no Diablo Clone. I look through many waypoints, none. Super uniques don't spawn Diablo Clone. Where is he?

I looked pretty much everywhere and he's not there. No message about "Diablo walks the Earth" either. But it said my server walked with 115 SoJs. I'm afraid of looking through the entire game and losing my chance to spawn him...

Why isn't he spawning? Any ideas? And before you ask, the game IS in Hell difficulty.

2. BabyLink

BabyLink IncGamers Member

I don't know why he didnt popped, maybe he just thougt you didnt need an anni, because the one he had on him was a 20/20/10.Maybe also dc thinks ur game was too old and went in a more recent game

Well that's sad for you :sad2:

3. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

Diablo Clone steals Annis?! :scratch:

Still I wonder if it happened to anybody else.

4. BabyLink

BabyLink IncGamers Member

Or blizzard had take control of server 58 and say omg, don't give an anni to that guy, so they mysteriously changed hot server 58 to hot server 59

5. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

you made a normal or nightmare game i would guess.

6. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

In my first post:

It was a Hell game.

7. Kanibull

Kanibull IncGamers Member

DClone = Diablo Clone? Meaning that you can get Diablo to respawn after you've beaten him? Or...what? I'm new to D2.

8. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

The Diablo Clone is about the World Event, basically after a certain number of SoJs are sold to merchants on a server (which hosts games) the Diablo Clone spawns in all games it is hosting at that moment. It is the only monster that can drop Annihilus.

I believe there is a guide about it somewhere on these forums...

9. Kanibull

Kanibull IncGamers Member

Ohh, I see. Thanks for the help. I'll look for the guide also.

10. buttershug

buttershug IncGamers Member

AFAIK the count doesnt' reset.
    If I'm right then he popped previously and wasn't close to be ready to pop again.

The hottest server might be only luke warm.

11. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

If I understood you are saying that the game had stayed at 115 all along?

If that is what you meant, it was not the case, it was at 30 at first...

I have no clue why he doesn't spawn...

12. buttershug

buttershug IncGamers Member

No I'm saying it then goes to 116, then 117 then 118 etc.
    Until the new number is reached.
    And where did you get the number 30 and the number 115?
    The same source? It sounds lilke you got the two numbers from different places.
    And if you hit "m" was the screen full of XXXX stones of Jordon sold?

I think it's another of Blizzards oops, didn't think of that. I think they gave a random number of SOJs sold and kept the counter going, but didnt' clue in that people might keep track.

13. Hybrid

Hybrid IncGamers Member

Although I'm a complete newb to Clone hunting, the counter not resetting theory might explain something I've been wondering about.

I've only ever seen the SOJs sold message twice, and never been lucky enough to spawn the Clone, much less take him down. However, both times that I've seen the SOJs sold message the numbers were in the thousands.

With the guide saying that the clone spawns around 75-100 SOJs sold, I'm confused as to how the messages I saw showed such high numbers of them being sold. If the counter doesn't reset and just keeps on adding until it hits the next target number, that might explain why I saw such high numbers on the two counter messages I've run across.

14. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

The XXXX soj's sold to merchants number doesn't reset unless they reset the server for some reason. Which they don't do that often, hence it being in the thousands. Diablo walks every so many sold, like the 75-100 figure above though I thought it was more like 60-120, but its actually only important if you are the one selling the soj's. If you're just camping an ip than you're waiting till it pops either way. Once it does pop, it will not pop again until another 60-120 or whatever soj's have been sold. There's no real "reset" to speak of, it's more of a trigger kind of thing. Also, if you are the one selling, sell slowly. It is possible to cause a missed walk if you sell them to fast. It's something about the server only checking every few seconds or so instead of keeping a running tally. So if it was gonna pop at 75 sojs and you are at 74, if you sell 2 sojs too fast then the server will regard them all at once putting you at 76 and missing you the walk. And then you'll be one soj towards the at least 60 you'll need for another shot. It's something like that, I can't remember exactly.

15. roomba

roomba IncGamers Member

Meaning the amount of times the message pops up.

16. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath IncGamers Member

There was a big mess in the reports and such... .60, and the one you were in weren't reported correctly somehow, and I think .58 was a miss walk... I was in a .60 game, and watched in the channel as it went from 91 sojs, to -3, to 9 sojs... I was like "wtf mate???" But, tomorrow is another day...

*Requiem_Death

17. Big Boss

Big Boss IncGamers Member

If he walked in your game, you would have gotten the message "Diablo has walked the Earth." What I'm assuming happened is you made a game just after he spawned on that server. Remember its only a bot reporting that info in the channel, so its probably a minute or two behind schedule. That SoJ count you saw was probably the bit extra sold after he spawned, meaning you were only a little late :\. Better luck next time.

18. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

No, I created the game while the SoJ counter was at 30. He couldn't have walked.

It makes sense then... I didn't go to the channel that much, only to check the change from 30 to 115.

19. Big Boss

Big Boss IncGamers Member

If by "at 30" you mean "up 30," a number reported by the bot, then yes he could have walked. The bot doesn't update instantly with the server.

A better way of confirming of the status of the server (whether it walked before or after you entered the game) would be to have looked at the SoJ count of the last walk, reported from the bot, and minus that from the count you saw in the game. If you did that and figured out it was up 30, then no it couldn't have walked. The count you saw in game would probably be a random sell, and the bot may have be doing a late update when it said that server walked.

And like I said before...if you saw the latest update in the channel, and it said the server was up 30, but in real time its up 40, 50, even 120 depending on how fast people are selling the SoJ's and how fast the bot is updating...who knows...so the server just pops, you make a game and see an extra SoJ count after it walked (that happens all the time). You come back to the channel and the bot updates that that ip walked. Since you didn't make the game prior to dclone spawning, your game would not have a dclone...that should clear things up.

20. Zeek

Zeek IncGamers Member

Yeah it was just the bot being messed up. I got the same problem. Was waiting in a game all night before they fixed the count. Only to find out it was way low and not very hot at all.