Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where did all these runes come from!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by RoboticMeatloaf, Mar 13, 2004.

1. RoboticMeatloaf

RoboticMeatloaf IncGamers Member

Where did all these runes come from!

How the heck does everyone get all these high lvl runes so quick for BotD Enigmas, i've never found over a gul since i started playing. Were they duped or do they just drop more often. If so, where? And if they were duped is there any way i could possibly get them, those runes would normally be worth more than anything i have probably. I don't know for sure though. I got a sorc with 560% mf doing eldritch pindle meph and andariel runs, so at least i'm capable of getting some pretty good stuff, but those seem like they might just be impossible for me to get. So anyway, whats the deal. Is there anyway i could get any of those high lvl rune words, or did i miss my chance?

Edit: oh yeah, i dont plan on buying anything off ebay.

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

There was a MASSIVE (seriously) rune dupe about a month ago that made runs anywhere from mal/ist to zod appear in ridiculous quantities on the realms. People then used the upgrade recipes (this really happened only on ladder due to this feature) to "perm" the rune dupes (eg. 2 guls to a vex). Of course blizzard did practically nothing except eliminate most of the runes that weren't permed. But many duped zods were made by cubing up from duped chams and stuff and as you can see them and jah/ber/vex/etc. are floating around in quantities of thousands. Blizzard doesn't care and doesn't want to reset the realm. Since runes are the economy of the ladder realms you can see the problem here.

3. bondfunk

bondfunk IncGamers Member

resetting the realms means that too many people will quit, on nonladder anyway

4. xPkxSumox

xPkxSumox IncGamers Member

You guys are right but then, there are many runes that aren't permed and are beginning to dissapear right infront of many people's eyes. Blizzard won't and can't reset nonladder because there are many people that have used ebay to purchase items.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I meant the resetting the ladder realms ONLY as this was where the recent dupe mostly took place. The ladder realms are based on a rune economy and these dupes just destroy that and also one of the main reasons that people went to ladder: for a clean trading market.

6. Solidus_Snake

Solidus_Snake IncGamers Member

Why didn't the do a rollback?

7. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Because they don't earn an extra profit by doing so.

8. forestman

forestman IncGamers Member

9. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 IncGamers Member

In order to get those runes you'll probably have to do many other Hell Hellforge quests that only yield runes such as Io or Lum and it is quite time consuming unless you have a powerful friend to rush you.

There is indeed a division in the trading community. There seems to be the folks that are dealing with Shako class items and thoes that are dealing in ber rune class items. The people in the upper class don't (and I don't blame them) want to trade their high level item for multiple lower items. It takes a very lucky find or two and/or a lot of work to jump to the upper class. Often times, there are no amount of items that a person has that can be traded for a high level rune.

10. Starstryder

Starstryder IncGamers Member

All these duped runes reminds me of forged money, cept on bnet there are no police to control the forging(duping).

on a side note, i'm one of those people who moved to ladder for clean trading, but now it seems ladder is contaminated with duped runes (which are basically the trading currency). ladder now feels just like non-ladder in 1.09 when people had tons and tons of sojs. blizzard should really do something about this. i'm eagerly awaiting the next reset, but i admit, it might take a long time of waiting...

11. ssmsdb

ssmsdb IncGamers Member

Thats why I went to HCL,SCL got to damn dirty for me,atleast to me,the economy seems a little more stable on HCL ,grant I do still see some enigma's,HoTo's and such,but I see a hell of alot more plane old "oldschoool" setups ( full Tals sorces,Ik barbs etc...............I'll be staying here until they reset the ladder,I'll go back to SCL and when the dupes come out again,I'll go over to HCL no big deal.........atleast on HCL when I find a shako or skulldrs,I know I have a decent item for trading.

12. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Can someone confirm that HCL has remained dupe-free? The dupe methods I heard of that led to the mad rune-duping spree involved killing characters and doing stuff with multiple corpses - obviously a technique that doesn't work so well in hardcore. :)

13. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

That was the old dupe. I have no idea how the new ones work but I doubt it. The dupers will likely stay on Softcore because more people play on SC.

14. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

At least runes are consumeable. There was a temporary price drop when the duping first occured, but the economy seems to be regaining its balance .... until the next time.

15. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Hopefully all of those duping methods have been patched server side now. With any luck the next ladder reset, once it eventually happens, will provide an even more dupe-free economy... that would be just great.

I look forward to a day when VERY few people have Enigmas and HOtOs, and if you manage to see one person with a BotD on HCL, you'll be amazed. THAT is how it was intended to be... instead you have people recommending BotD's like its a friggin' ancients pledge.